Chapter Five

Two Days Later

Whirl, as annoying as he is, still tried to make Bryer his since Brainstorm was a no show. Wheeljack always stepped in, and everyone's noticed the dullness of her usual bright optics. She didn't smile as often anymore, sometimes not at all. Packers is always with her now, so everyone knew this was serious. Bryer looked so much sadder without the towering mech right next to her. Her frame shuttered, even though it wasn't even cold. "C'mon Packers. Let's go lay back down." She whispered to the torn and used stuffed animal. Crimson watched sadly as Bryer walked out and looked up at Pharma. "Go ahead. I'll be in our room." She nodded swiftly and ran after Bryer. Falling to her knees to better hug Bryer. "Packers, have you been taking care of her?" Crimson asked the stuffed animal. Which caused Bryer to giggle softly when Crimson 'ruffled' the stuffed animals head. "Brighten up a little bit, please Bryer? You're killing me looking like this." "I know, that's why i'm going back to my room. I just wanna sleep." She whispered. Primus even her voice sounded different. "He'll come back around. Just, give him a while." Bryers gaze seemed to sadden even more. And Crimson couldn't bare the sight. "If you need anything, you know where to find me." Bryer nodded to Crimson and she continued to walk back to her room. Then a conversation she had with Brainstorm popped up in her helm. "He said he had a secret room in his room, well not very secret now is it?" She mumbled. Finding his room wasn't very hard, but finding that room in his room would be difficult because he didn't tell her exactly where it is. "Hm, well let's get this started. Stay here Packers. Don't move." Bryer placed Packers down on the large berth and began to feel along the wall. That's exactly what she did, for five hours. No breaks, even though sometimes it got frustrating but, c'mon. It's Brainstorm. Her digits felt a strange crevice in the wall and Bryer groaned. "Finally I got something." She mumbled. With her skilled digits, she began to pry open the door. It was much easier, but so hard to find. The door was quiet when it opened, and Bryer grabbed Packers off the large berth before walking in the room. Frantic mumbles from the blue mech calmed her spark hearing his voice again. She threw Packers at him, immediately wishing she didn't. It felt strange, like she's hurt the poor thing. Brainstorm barely looked over his shoulder before fully facing Bryer. Her optics were so dull, he wouldn't have recognized them if it wasn't for that little sparkle in her optics when the two locked optics. Everything froze in boths processor. Frame plates stiff, unmoving. He saw she wasn't scared of him anymore. Brainstorm fell to his knees as Bryer began to run at him. Her arms locking around his neck as his locked around her waist. The two just hugged in the quiet room, enjoying each other's company. Something the two missed. "I'm so sorry Bryer. I just, when I saw that he had you pinned against the bar, and when he backhanded you I couldn't control myself. I didn't mean to scare you. I didn't even know what I was doing until I saw your face, if I would've gotten there sooner instead of trying to find your parents, the fight would've been avoided. I acted upon my feelings." Bryer traced the back of his helm when he pulled back to look at her. "Next time don't leave me alone for two days. I had Packers with me when you didn't come back that night. Everyone said I looked," "Depressed?" She nodded softly and Brainstorm chuckled. "Poor old Packers. You threw him." "I know! I felt bad when I chucked him at you." Bryer giggled out.

Brainstorms P.O.V.

Her bright optics were back. My spark calmed when she giggled. I had to fight myself when I practically hid from her. Should I go and apologize? Or wait for her to find me? Turns out I didn't have to wait very long. Well, the two days felt like years. I wanted to tell her how I felt, but i'm hesitant on telling. "Next time I see him leaned up against you like you belong to him, i'll leave the beating to your sire." Bryer giggled at my words and I ran my digits against her side. "I got your mask in my room. It had to be fixed, but I fixed it." I hummed and she pulled away from my arms to grab Packers. "C'mon! I gotta put him back in your other lab." Bryer ran down the short hallway, into my torn apart room, and into the hallway.

Third P.O.V. Two Hours Later

The glow was back in Bryers face. It put everyone's troubled processors at ease when she smiled. Brainstorm was back to his old ways. Keeping an arm securely around her waist, glaring at Whirl, and chatting away with Chromedome while Rewind and Bryer talked. The two smaller bots sitting in the much larger bots laps. "Yeah yeah yeah, she found the door. I'm still confused on how she got it open." "Well when I got my mind set, I got skilled digits. See?" She easily pried his mask off, with just a simple digit. "That's how you always do it?" "Yep. After years of accidentally locking myself in rooms, you learn how to pick things." "Sweetspark~." A voice cooed. Bryer rolled her optics before continuing her conversation with Rewind. "But then this one day I locked myself in a closet. I was probably around ten when I did that. My sire and carrier were yelling my name, not expecting me to come falling out of a closet." Rewind chuckled and Bryer took a sip of her drink. "What? They weren't. Guess my short aft hid a lot more than trying to make friends with everyone." "Everyone could've stepped on you with how short you are. I wouldn't have blamed them. If I had a sparkling that tiny I wouldn't let everyone see her either." A smile graced Bryers dermas before the unthinkable happened.