Seventeenth

DAWAEN

After our little down time, Zylith took me and Kole away as Mars and the kid got to spend some time together or something. Not really sure what exactly their relationship is... Kole leaned on my back and I turned.

"What are you doing?"

"I feel dizzy..."

I looked at Zylith. "What did you do?"

"He's dizzy from the pregnancy, not because I poisoned the food. God, give me credit, Dawaen. I never wanted to kill you, I just wanted to torture you."

"Oh, wow, that makes things so much better."

"Sorry... I'm fine now..." Kole said, moving away and walking again.

"Where are you taking us anyway?"

"We need to check on Kole's progress and no one said they were done with you. But, no more of whatever that was. I don't even know what that vomiting thing was supposed to be. I was actually going to ask the Doctor about it."

"Hmm..."

"Are you going to impregnate me again?" Kole asked, looking sad and feeble.

"No. You are where we want you to be. Dawaen on the other hand..."

I made a face as she led us down the hallway to the Doctor's office. She opened the door and the green haired guy looked at us.

"Good. You bring them." He said in broken English. "Put little one on table. I will talk to big one."

Apparently, little one referred to Kole and big one referred to me, so Zylith helped Kole to the table and I walked over to the Doctor. He pointed at something he was looking at and then at me.

"You make these. Be proud."

I looked at what he was talking about and I found that all the little jellies I had vomited were all in their little test tube homes. The earlier ones were bigger and there were little life sign monitors outside of them that were going off but they were all alive and looked like they were all healthy somewhat.

"You have special blood that make no solids."

"Ah, I see... I am B negative."

"B negative... what is that?"

"Blood type... Uh... humans use A, B, and O to rate their blood types. I have B negative, which is a rare blood type so... that might be way these guys didn't turn into solids or whatever."

"I understand."

"So, what do you want with me?"

"You are still experiment."

"Please don't do this again..." I hated begging but I would rather do the regular pregnancy thing than go through all that. "Please... I'll do whatever you want if you don't make me do that again."

The Doctor looked at me for a moment and then motioned for me to follow him. He took me over to a small tray that had four syringes on it.

"We help you leave ship to back to Earth, but must have active experiment. Only way I help... Four experiments here... you pick which needle and live with what happen. Deal?"

I made a face at the four needles displayed on the tray. They were all clear, all full, and had no helpful marks to indicate what they would do. I guess this was as fair as anything... I closed my eyes and just put my finger on one and then opened them; the second one.

"Go over here."

He picked up the one I had picked out and led me to a table. He motioned for me to get on it and I did. He lifted my shirt up where the most horrific stomach I'd ever had in my life was exposed to the world. Zylith looked over and I turned away, ashamed of what I had become. All that hard work, going to the gym, working out, running, football... it was all to a waste. It would take years for me to get back in any type of shape and probably even longer to lighten up the disgusting stretch marks I had received from the rapid pregnancy of the blobs.