Summer Paradise - boyf riends

To kick off this oneshot book, I present you with a song fic >:) Anyways enjoy and also I promise these fics will get better I wrote this in June 2020 and I can only edit so much.

edit from may 2021: hey lol I'm back and bored so I changed the ending and now it's better

TW: mention of drugs, swearing

-

Michael and Jeremy were driving down to Seven-Eleven, via Michael's car, to get some snacks and slushies. The radio was on and they were as close to aggressively vibing as possible without being a hazard to society. After a beautiful rendition of Uptown Funk, a chill, beachy tune started playing. Michael recognized it immediately. Jeremy, however, had never heard this song before.

"Fuck yeah! Summer paradise," Michael hollered, already swaying along.

"Never heard of it," Jeremy said. "Who's it by?"

"Simple Plan." Jeremy's brow was still knotted in confusion. "Y'know, the ones who wrote I'm Just a Kid and You Suck at Love."

"Ah, them. I like them."

The first verse rolled in and Michael started singing. He flowed with the beat in an infectious way that made Jeremy want to dance too, which made him look stupid because he couldn't anticipate anything. At least there weren't many cars around to witness the sad event that was Jeremy's dancing.

They kept at it until the first chorus, where Jeremy tried to focus on the music rather than the dancing, which resulted in him awkwardly swaying from side to side. Michael thought it was kind of cute. Would he tell Jeremy that? Absolutely not. That was crossing the homie line.

"'Cause I remember every sunset

I remember every word you said

We were never gonna say goodbye

Singing la-la-ta-ta-ta

Tell me how to get back to

Back to summer paradise with you"

Michael took one hand off of the steering wheel and started motioning to the song. He sang the chorus perfectly along with the music. Jeremy was awestruck by this point. Of course, he'd heard Michael sing before, but never really payed attention. And Michael could sing. His smooth tenor voice wafted through the stuffy old PT Cruiser.

"And I'll be there in a heartbeat."  His voice caught on 'heartbeat', which made Jeremy absolutely lose his shit. He wondered how he had missed his best friend's angelic voice for an entire thirteen years. 

Michael continued to sing like this through the second verse, sneaking glances and Jeremy when he could. Of course, Jeremy was an oblivious bitch and didn't pick up what Michael was putting down.

They arrived in the parking lot during what Jeremy assumed was the rap (It sounded like the kind of thing Michael would like, but he didn't see the appeal). Michael had to stop singing (speaking?) for this part, as he was absolute crap at parking.

Jeremy started humming with more confidence as he anticipated the final chorus. Michael started to dance again, but noticed Jeremy and stopped to lock eyes with him. Jeremy was starting to suspect that Michael was putting meaning behind the lyrics. He metaphorically bit his thumb at the author, continuing to be a microscopic bit less of an oblivious bitch.

"'Cause I remember every sunset

I remember every word you said

We were never gonna say goodbye, yeah

Singing la-la-ta-ta-ta

Tell me how to get back to

Back to summer paradise with you

Yeah, and I'll be there in a heartbeat"

Jeremy's words stumbled. He wasn't expecting the change of syllable emphasis. Michael gave a chuckle at this. Although the chorus was the same as all the other ones so far, Jeremy could start to see implications in it.

"I remember where we first kissed 

How I didn't wanna leave your lips 

And how I've never ever felt so high

Singing La-la-ta-ta-ta"

If this was somehow conveying Michael's feelings, Jeremy knew exactly what this line meant. Their first, and pretty much only, kiss was when Jeremy was trying weed for the first time. Michael assumed he would be a baby about it so he suggested the shotgun method, mouth to mouth, which meant that they had indeed kissed. The line about feeling high was an extra indicator. Still, it could've been a coincidence, right? 

But if Michael really meant everything the song said... was he in love? Honestly, at this point, Jeremy didn't care. He wasn't thinking about anything other than how unbelievably attractive Michael was being and if he was actually trying to send a message. Of course, he knew Michael was gay, but did that really mean...?

"So tell me how to get back to

Back to summer paradise with you

And I'll be there in a heartbeat "

Jeremy sung the harmony quietly. He was almost in a trance, just by maintaining eye contact with Michael for that long.

"And I'll be there in a heartbeat "

They both laughed, breaking eye contact but maintaining the same positions.

"I'll be there in a heartbeat"

The song ended, and Michael turned off the car. Jeremy wanted to just lean in and kiss Michael's slightly-chapped lips because fuck it. He didn't though. He was too nervous, worried about what might happen if Michael didn't actually mean any of the song.

He couldn't bring himself to look at Michael for more than a few seconds. He was worried that Michael would see the blush that he just knew was there. He settled for pulling the hood of his large, charcoal grey sweatshirt  over his face to obscure it.

Jeremy decided he didn't like confusion much. The fear of things being awkward with Michael was worse, though, so he sucked it up and pushed any feelings down deep inside of him. This could work. Yeah.

"You ready to head in?" Michael said, already half-outside the car.

"Let's go get us some slushies."

So there you go that was the first oneshot... I'll hopefully upload a few more soon since there are a lot that just need to be revised a bit.

Requests are open! You can leave them anywhere in the fic and I'll make sure to get to them as fast as I can.

- uhhhhhhhh I'll figure out my name eventually