Someone Gets Hurt

Brianna's eyes had an acidic glow to them.

START SONG NOW

"Yes I look perfect,"

jack watched as she rounded on him. "What are you doing?!" He demanded.

"Ice queen that's what you see."

"It's what they all expect from me,"

Her confident demeanor faltered.

"But it's all show!"

Jack watched her.

Brianna advanced on him, driving him into the corner of the cell.

"Face it, you used me."

She flicked her hand and in a flash she was wearing the purple dress she wore when they met.

"You saw the sexy clothes, my supermodel pose."

The illusion faded as she turned back to him with tears in her glowing eyes.

"What did you know?"

She advanced again, her eyes aglow with anger.

"Was I a game to you? Was I a way to be cool? I truly cared."

Her eyes flickered, making her appear innocent,

"Was I the fool?"

She restored her calm and heiress like demeanor as she spoke once more,

"It's fine for you, it's fine to flirt. It's fine- til someone gets hurt."

Her emerald eyes sparked with a green fire, making Jack stumble backwards.

"Til someone gets hurt."

She grabbed his hand, putting it to her chest.

"Feel my heart beating? I'm just like her or you. People forget I'm human too."

She spun away from him, her eyes full of anger and betrayal.

"Yes, they do that."

She glared at him before grabbing him by the chin, and shoving him to the ground.

"This is performance, this is in self defense."

She looked at him, her eyes full of hurt and pain. 

"I thought you had the sense, to see through that."

Brianna kicked him against the wall, knocking the air out of him. 

"Was I too proud with you? Was I too cold and forbidding? Now you chose her over me."

She laughed, wiping the tears that slid down her cheeks.

"Are you kidding?"

Brianna flashed into his arms.

"Poor little me all trapped in this fabulous show."

She flashed back to where she was moments before and gripped the front of his shirt,

"You could set me free."

Her glare returned,

"But if your going go."

She pointed to the exit, allowing him to leave with the guards if he so desired.

"Its fine for you, it's fine to flirt." 

She grabbed him again, pulling him into her arms,

"And god, your hot- why do you even wear a shirt?"

Jack took this show of weakness and flashed her a charming grin, pulling her close. He did not want to lose this partnership. 

"No it's fine."

He joined her at the last word.

Grinning, he put on a charming face,

"Damn, your fine!"

She grinned pulling him close,

"Damn, your mine!"

They locked eyes and she found herself almost losing herself in his gaze. Almost.

"And it's fine!"

He as holding her close and it was now she went to push him away.

"Til someone gets-" 

Jack, without thinking, slammed his mouth onto hers. He knew this wouldn't stop her, but it gave him some time to think of what he could do. 

Brianna pulled away,

"Til someone gets hurt."

She pulled out a small knife and slammed the small blade into his gut. It wouldn't do much damage, but it would leave a scar.

"Til someone gets hurt!"

Brianna glared at him as he yelled in pain, falling back. Jack looked at her in shock. "What the fuck?!" He yelled. Brianna hissed, "Maybe now you'll talk. Why. Did. You. Lie?" Jack snarled, gripping his wound, "Your psychotic!" Brianna sighed, "Very well." She walked out of the cell, nodding to Jasen to close it. "Please refrain from beating each other, Jasen." Jasen nodded. "Of course,  princess." Brianna flicked her hand, summoning her two guards. With one last glance at her partner, she left.

Jack refused medical assistance that night. He put pressure on the wound giving an occasional grunt of pain. "You can't refuse a doctor forever." He saw Jasen Frost glaring at him. Jack chuckled, "Didn't your princess tell you not to talk to me?" Jasen shook his head, "She said not to beat you up. I don't think giving you the facts about your situation is included in that order." Jack scoffed, ignoring him. Jasen leaned against the cell door. "If your family doesn't come back for you, your as good as dead." Jack laughed. "I'm still her partner. We have an agreement. She can't kill me." Jasen frowned, "Don't tell anyone I told you- but I heard the princess gave the order to get the papers to dissolve the partnership. Heard she's even considering taking on Josh Lawton as a partner. Or even better- Damian Wayne." Jack scoffed, "Wayne? Wayne's not even a criminal. And Lawton is a hit man. He has no power over anything or anyone." Jasen nodded, "Maybe. But your relationship with her will be gone within a fortnight." Jack rolled his eyes. Jasen frowned, looking at the floor. "I was jealous of you, y'know?" Jack looked at him confused. Jasen continued, "You made her so happy. And you- you could have her. Me? I couldn't. I could never have her." Jack frowned, "You love her?" He asked. Jasen nodded. "With all I have. It's why I'm her personal guard. I'd do anything for her. When I first found out about the pair of you- I wanted to hate you so much. You took her from me. But then I realized, I would never have her anyways. I'm no prince, or even heir. I'm just a henchman. I'm expendable." Jack leaned against the wall. "She values you. You know that right? Your the only one she trusts in this nest of vipers she finds herself in." Jasen nodded. "I may be the only one she trusts- but to my heart it is nothing compared to the feel of her loving me. Something I know will never happen." Jack waved his arm, "Be my guest. Clearly the princess and I aren't a thing anymore. I will tell you this though- she is amazing in bed. That is an unforgettable experience." He chuckled at the look on Jasen's face. He leaned back. "Once I'm out of here, I'll head home. She'll never have to see me again." He cleared his throat. "But know this, I did love her. I realized that after she wanted to break things off because I was trying to keep her safe. Ginger made me realize I loved her. But..." He trailed off with a sigh, "I don't think she'll ever know or even believe the truth. Besides, now it's too late for us. She could never love me again. Not after this." The two young men found themselves plagued in silence. Both guard and prisoner had reached an impasse. Brianna Quinzel, heiress and princess to the Gotham throne would never love either of them.