𝐢𝐯. not another bug in the city

FOUR | NOT ANOTHER BUG IN THE CITY!

                         THE MYSTERY PERTAINING TO THE WHEREABOUTS OF PETER PARKER WAS FINALLY OVER

THE MYSTERY PERTAINING TO THE WHEREABOUTS OF PETER PARKER WAS FINALLY OVER. Monday morning had rolled around and the brunette had slunk into the gates of Midtown Science and Technology like nothing had happen. Marinette had almost gotten used to a school without him walking the halls; the peace of having no one to compete against. However, as they often say, all good things must come to an end and she almost jumped out of her skin when she saw him sat in his usual spot in home room.

On her way to her normal seat, she stopped in front of his desk and cleared her throat to gain his attention. Confused, he looked up to greet her. "Oh, hey Marinette," he said in a sickly sweet voice, smiling up at the girl.

"We had a pop quiz while you were away," she informed him, rummaging around in her backpack as he scratched the back of his neck in confusion.

"Yeah, Ned told me. I'm—"

Brandishing the test paper in his, she pointed to the red mark in the top corner. "I got one-hundred percent, no biggie."

Peter nodded slowly. "Uh, that's good for you," he replied, confused why she was telling him this information. His friendship—or lack of—with Marinette had always confused the hell out of him. He had always thought she was really cool, the smartest girl in their year even but she'd always seemed to find a way to compete against him for reasons unknown to the orphaned boy. School was stressful enough, he didn't want a competition sending him off the deep end.

Annoyed at his underwhelming response, Marinette shoved the paper back into her bag and stormed off down the back. He could at least pretend to be intimidated by her. God.

Noticing her sour mood as she plonked down beside her friend, Michelle asked, "what's got you annoyed?"

"Stupid Peter Parker," she grumbled, squeezing her pencil so tight it left an indent across the palm of her hand.