Chapter 9

<Last Chapter>

Mira kept reading until she read her answer but one she didn't want as she dropped her book with a bit of a shriek.

<->

Mirajane's sudden shriek startled the people who were in the Guild Hall while also substantially worrying her girlfriend. Cana hastily approached the take over mage in hope that she would not frighten the girl more, as Cana made her way closer Levy chose to pick up the discarded book that Mira had dropped in her sudden state of fear. Levy flipped through the book to find what has caused Mira's sudden burst of noise, when she finally did find the part she was looking for she noticeably whited. The script mage then turned to one of her friends "E..erza can you please go check Natsu's temperature." The red had nodded as she walked over to the booth Natsu was sleeping in. "What's going on" Freed had been awoken by Mira's shriek and of course that would put him on edge, so he questioned them as he straightened out his hair. Erza had followed the orders she was given and went over and checked her friend's temperature she was mortified. Gajeel made his way over to Levy when she saw her freak out and he tried to comfort her and ask her what was wrong. "Hey what's wrong why do you guys look so scared" Lucy questioned when she had seen Erza tense up after feeling Natsu's forehead.

After what had seemed to be thirty minutes but maybe about five minutes with no one speaking a word along with no one moving from where they were. The three petrified girls were still in the process of calming down so they could properly explain what they had found out. Erza was the first to break out of her stupor to be able to even make out words speak, her words were quite so much so that no one but the dragon slayers with their powerful hearing could even hear the words she mumbled out "H..he's cold." Mirajane promptly had stood up and stomped her way over to the spot that Natsu was sleeping she started shaking him with tears brimming in her eyes. She kept shaking him as she tried to speak "Natsu you better be listening to me, don't do this to yourself, what do you think will happen to your mate, you can't deny this, it could hurt you both." The other's that were in the guild just watched them with bated breath, Levy seemed to be also on the edge of tears book still in her hands. Gajeel saw the book still in her hands so he took it from her so he could see what was having them on edge. Once he had figured out what they were going on a bit a low growl came from his chest before he also stormed his way over to the Fire dragonslayer "Damnit Salamander you ain't solving anything but denyin' your mate." The other's jaws dropped when they heard the words come out of the Iron Slayers mouth, Levy broke out crying, Erza wobbly sat down in a chair, and Mira just held Natsu close sniffling.

Gray looked down at his hands to see that they were shaking his body for some reason felt unusually warm as he watched all his surroundings and processed Mira and Gajeel's words. He cleared his throat hoping to make it so he maybe could speak, when he finally could his voice did not sound like his own it was raspy and broken "How.. how does he know who his mate is?"  Gajeel turned to look at the others around him to address the question, he himself wasn't holding up that well cause of the news "We can not be too sure on how but he must have gotten a clue or somethin'." This just caused the group to go into a tense and uncomfortable silence, Lucy gathered up all her courage to ask the question she knew was nagging at them all "Well, What happens if you deny your mate?" Levy was recovering a bit from her tears as she tried to wipe at the trails on her face "The effects usually get worse the longer he denies his mate, It starts with him going into comatose, then the longer the coma goes on he starts to get seeped of his magic, if it goes on for too long he may" she was cut off when a sob racked her body but nobody needed to hear the last part, they all knew what the end would be 'he may die.' Freed even though he wasn't the closest to Natsu was still feeling shaken up about all of this  "Mira had also said something about his Mate, what will happen them." Gajeel sighed as he sat on the opposite side of the booth Natsu was in "The book said that his Mate will start by getting their Magic sapped from them which can cause fainting spells that turn into Comatose, neither come's out of their Coma's unless Natsu accepts his mate, or they both die." Erza looked at her hands then at Gajeel "Natsu was cold, does that mean the second part has already started?"

Gajeel dragged his face through his hands hoping to be able and compose himself before speaking again "Yes, which means his Mate should start losing their magic soon also, so we might have to ask Gramps to send out a note to other guilds to keep a close eye on all their members." Mirajane nodded as she shakily stood up and headed up the stairs to leave a note for Master Makarov. The silence was only pierced by the sounds of broken sobs coming from some of them, and quiet sniffles from the rest. Some were snapped out of their wandering minds when Erza stood up and started to pick up Natsu from where he was laying. Gajeel watched her "Where are ya takin' salamander?" The armor-clad mage started her way up the stairs "To the infirmary, the guild is gonna start to fill soon, I don't want anyone bothering him." The group aimlessly nodded before heading off in their groups to hide in different corners of the guild.

Erza came down a couple of minutes later walking over to her own teammates, she sat down talking to them in a hushed voice, she then stood and walked straight out the guild doors. Once titania had left the guild slowly filled up, all the fairies who entered could sense the tense silence and left the separate groups of mages alone. When Master had made it Mira had informed him about the situation and he went to go have a small conference with the other guild masters, as well as telling them to keep an eye on their guild children (that is what I shall call them).