Chapter 1

El's POV

My name's El Hopper and I'm an average teenager. Pretty much I got a nice life. I got a lovely dad and my reputation in school is good, I'm pretty much the smart girl in class.

I woke up from my alarm ringing. I get up and do my morning routine. My dad is Chief of Police which is really cool if you ask me. "El, are you ready to go to school?" Hopper asks. "Yeah, dad just wait for me in the car" I said.

Few minutes later

I arrived at school. I approached my group of friends. "Hey, El!" Mike says. Oh, I forgot to say that Mike is my boyfriend. He's so sweet and pretty much we've been together for about 2 years. Also my group of friends contains Will Byers, the gay, Lucas Sinclair, the athlete, Dustin Henderson, the smarty pants and most importantly Mike Wheeler, the man of my dreams.

I arrived at my first period and I take a seat at the back. It was going normal until the principal knocked at the door. He goes in with a redhead and says"Hey, Mr.Smith. This is Maxine Mayfield, the new student" "Its Max" the redhead says. "Welcome to Hawkins High School, Max!" Mr.Smith says "Go on and seat down" "Fine whatever" Max says. Pretty much I get a "I hate school" vibe from Max. She looks so prett- Wait what. I have a boyfriend and I'm pretty sure I'm straight so yeah. "Hello?" I get disturbed out of my thoughts by the redhead."Oh hey, do you need anything?" I asked. "Yeah, I just need your bag out of this chair to let me sit down" She says. "Why this specific seat, though?" I asked her. "I don't wanna sit in the front" She says. "Okay, fine" I said. She seems really weird.

Lunch

I get lunch and sit next to my friends. "Hey, guys. Have you seen the new girl?" Will asked. "Yeah and she's hot" Lucas said. "Lucas!" I shouted. "What's wrong, El?" He asked. "Oh wait nevermind" I said. I really had no idea what happened to me. I ate my lunch and I had to go to the bathroom. "Uh, guys. I have to go to the bathroom" I said."Oh okay" They all said. I ran to the bathroom and I bumped into someone. "Hey, watch where your going, punk!" I looked up and saw it was Max from earlier. "Oh shoot, I'm sorry" I said. "Yeah, yeah whatever" Max said. I reached the bathroom and did my business.

Max's POV

My name's Max Mayfield and my life is a disaster. I got an abusive step-father and a lame step-brother. We moved from California and we moved to this lame and small town.

I woke up from Billy screaming to get up. So I did my routine and got in my brother's car. We arrived at school and I walked in the school. I went to the Principal's Office to get my schedule and locker number. I went into my first period with the principal. "Hey, Mr.Smith. This is Maxine Mayfield, the new student" He says. "It's Max" I said. "Welcome to Hawkins High School, Max!" Mr.Smith says "Go on and seat down" "Fine whatever" I said. A brunette caught my eye and there's an empty seat beside her. I approached her but it seems like she's lost in her thoughts. "Hello?" I asked her and she gets out of her thoughts. "Oh hey, do you need anything?" the brunette asked. "Yeah, I just need your bag out of this chair to let me sit down" I said."Why this specific seat, though?" She asks. "I don't wanna sit in the front" I said. "Okay. fine" she said.

Lunch

I got my lunch and I ate outside since I got no friends to sit with. I went inside to get a water bottle. But then I bumped into someone. "Hey, watch where your going, punk!" I said and I realized who I bumped into. It was the brunette from first period. "Oh shoot, I'm sorry" She says. "Yeah, yeah whatever" I said. She walked away and I felt sad. I don't know why I felt sad when she walked away. Wait, no way. I realized something that made me confused.
I like her.

So uh this is my first story and I'm sorry if it sucks😅