𝟎𝟎𝟐. 𝐀𝐍𝐆𝐄𝐋 𝐈𝐍 𝐃𝐈𝐒𝐆𝐔𝐈𝐒𝐄

◝.*・゚

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐎

❝ 𝘢𝘯𝘨𝘦𝘭 𝘪𝘯 𝘥𝘪𝘴𝘨𝘶𝘪𝘴𝘦  ❞

◝.*・゚

1993, 𝘱𝘰𝘳𝘵𝘭𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘰𝘳𝘦𝘨𝘰𝘯

       𝐒𝐥𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐫, 𝐩𝐚𝐥𝐞 𝐟𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐫𝐬, 𝐚𝐝𝐨𝐫𝐧𝐞𝐝 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐜𝐡𝐮𝐧𝐤𝐲 𝐬𝐢𝐥𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬, 𝐠𝐫𝐚𝐬𝐩𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐥𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐟𝐫𝐨𝐧𝐭 𝐝𝐨𝐨𝐫.

Kai was curious to say the least, now that he'd thought about it, he didn't think they'd ever had a guest over for dinner. It genuinely wasn't allowed, so to say, Joshua's rules of course.

Joshua even refused to host the elders of the coven in their house, usually opting to rent a large conference room in the centre of Portland.

Though it had never been confirmed, Kai suspected this was so the other members were far away from his defective son. That was most likely the most logical explanation, it was no secret that Joshua Parker was dreadfully ashamed of the eldest of his offspring.

As he pried the handle down, Kai mentally groaned at the realisation this could have been one of Jo's friends, perhaps one she'd spent most of her high school days with.

Prissy, stuck-up, designer handbag girls who had looked at him just like everyone else; like he was a freak, an outcast, and Kai supposed in some ways he was.

He was the black sheep of the coven, a siphon, and the loner in high school. During his dreaded school days, Kai had kept to himself mostly, he'd never felt the need to socialise, to create lasting relationships with his peers. It all seemed irrelevant to him, pointless even.

His twin sister had always been the opposite; perfect, popular Josette Parker.

Gymnast, lacrosse team captain and class president, Jo was the classic overachiever, it was pathetic, meanwhile the only extra curriculum activity Kai had unwillingly partaken in had been detention.

Kai had thought Jo's seemingly instinctive need to outshine him (which probably wouldn't have been hard in Joshua's eyes) would have ended when they'd graduated high school; it hadn't.

Now Jo was attending medical school, aspiring to be a doctor, all while working part-time as a lifeguard at the local swimming pool, volunteering at the Portland children's hospital and raising the wonder twins.

Meanwhile Kai, at the age of twenty-one, didn't have too many plans for his career, he didn't need any. In a years time he'd win the merge with ease and become the leader of the Gemini coven. His father would no doubt love that.