𝟎𝟎𝟓. 𝐕𝐎𝐋𝐀𝐓𝐈𝐋𝐄 𝐓𝐈𝐌𝐄𝐒

◝.*・゚

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄

❝ 𝘷𝘰𝘭𝘢𝘵𝘪𝘭𝘦 𝘵𝘪𝘮𝘦𝘴  ❞

◝.*・゚

1993, 𝘱𝘰𝘳𝘵𝘭𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘰𝘳𝘦𝘨𝘰𝘯

               𝐇𝐢𝐠𝐡-𝐩𝐢𝐭𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐝 𝐦𝐞𝐝𝐢𝐨𝐜𝐫𝐞 𝐩𝐨𝐩 𝐦𝐮𝐬𝐢𝐜 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐰𝐚𝐬𝐧'𝐭 𝐞𝐱𝐚𝐜𝐭𝐥𝐲 𝐭𝐨 𝐇𝐨𝐥𝐥𝐲'𝐬 𝐭𝐚𝐬𝐭𝐞 𝐛𝐥𝐚𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐚𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐝 𝐉𝐨'𝐬 𝐛𝐞𝐝𝐫𝐨𝐨𝐦, bouncing off the polka dot pasted walls.

Whilst Jo lounged across her bed, holding a lime green pillow to her chest, Holly relaxed on the deflated beanbag opposite the brunette.

Her long, pale legs were spread across the beige fluffy rug, the tufts of coarse fabric tickling her bare legs.

Jo's bedroom was like any other young girls' bedroom, knowledgeable yet cutesy with band posters and a large wooden desk, littered with medical books and hand-written notes.

Several picture frames were nailed onto the wallpapered walls, ranging from Jo posing with her high school lacrosse team, to Jo smiling sat with Kai, both of them wearing knitted, loud Christmas jumpers.

As expected, Josette's bedroom was remarkably organised, not an item out of place. Even her romantic novels lined up on the shelf beside her desk seemingly appeared to be in alphabetical order.

"You know, this is the first time I've ever had a friend sleep over." Jo admitted softly, sitting up and sliding her fingers along the stereo volume nozzle.

The previously loud music was drowned out ever so slightly by Jo's voice as she shifted to lean against the headboard of her single bed.

Holly frowned, brows furrowed in concentration as she noticed a blush spread across Jo's cheeks and nose, her sun-kissed freckles disappearing beneath the red fog. 

"Really?" Holly questioned in surprise.

Jo didn't strike Holly as someone who had difficulty making friends or creating lasting friendships. Jo, though she could be set in her ways and firm, was incredibly kind and sweet.