Chapter One

* Justice POV *
What would you say if someone asked you what the meaning of life was? If you asked me that question two years ago I quite frankly would've told you absolutely nothing. My name is Justice Reed and two years ago my life and the lives of so many others were changed forever. It all started on our birthday. I was hidden in my room because I was not the social butterfly my brother was. Caleb was having the time of his life. Little did he know that I had a huge "surprise" for him. After twenty long minutes of waiting I was ready. With my hand surrounding the foil bottom of the pan I slowly walked down the stairs. Once I reached the bottom I chuckled. "Caleb!" I called to him. He came running straight into a chocolate cream pie. Now, I wanted to push his buttons and prank him a bit but not this bad. Caleb glared at me with bits of pie slipping down his face. Seconds later my arm is being bent in ways that should not be possible. "Say it!" Caleb yells. I was twisting and turning in every way possible to get free but to no avail. "Mercy.." I muttered and Caleb let me go with that dumb smirk on his face. To anyone who is jealous of twins. Don't be. I would kill to be an only child. As Caleb was walking away with that stupid smirk on his face my anger took over. He always won and it wasn't fair. I smirked. "Beware Caleb, say goodbye to your hair." Finger up. Finger down. Then up one more time. Just like that all of Caleb's hair fell to the floor. He shrieked and every single friend at the party came running in. Screams and commotion started. Then Mom came in. I knew I had messed up now. I slowly inched away but I was too late. Mom had me by the ear and drug me to the kitchen. "Justice Danielle Reed! How dare you put a spell on your brother today. Of all days. It's your birthday today and you couldn't put this sibling jealousy away for one day. Not to mention if anyone had walked in and saw you casting the spell. I would definitely be sent to prison. Do you want that?" She asks tapping her foot aggressively. I felt awful. Not knowing what to say, I didn't say anything. I haven't mentioned this yet but Caleb and I are witches. And our sweet mommy is the reason.