Chapter Two

*Justice's POV*
The story of Mom and how Caleb and I became to be is quite simple. My dad had been working for the government that were investigating the phenomenon of the witches in the world. Not good work but Dad didn't know that. He believed he was working to research. He didn't realize that his bosses were killing the subjects they had my dad "research". Mom was looking for Dad to tell him dinner was ready when she tripped. Clumsy pregnant things I guess. When we were born we looked normal and for many years we were normal kids. It wasn't until later on when our powers got revealed to us. The magic to cast spells and such. At first we tried creating our own but that didn't last long. Our sweet mommy decided that she would teach us. And she did good but there is only so much a human can teach. That's when Mom got the invite in the mail for the Witch Academy. A place where Caleb and I can truly grow into our potential. However, Mom wasn't giving us up that easily. She got the invitation four years ago and she only decided to let us go this upcoming semester. Today is our last full day home. That's why Mom let Caleb have this party. So he could have one last day being a normal kid. To say goodbye to his friends. Social butterfly things I guess. Me being the introvert I am decided I didn't need friends. And I planned to stay that way. To me there is no point in getting attached to someone who in the end will betray you. After what felt like an eternity Mom releases me from the kitchen. I'm back upstairs in my room in no time. I lock the door behind me then look back at my room. The things I have to leave behind for six years. Little things like the witch broom pin Dad got me and the blanket Granny made me before I was born. Looking at those things caused me to do something I hadn't done in a long time. And that was cry. After a few minutes Caleb knocked. I walked to the door sulking and opened it. There he stood with all his hair back by the way. He was crying too. The two of us stood in my doorway crying into each other's arms. The silence was peaceful as we cried. A rare bonding moment for the two of us. The tears had stopped falling when Caleb looked at me. "Hey Justice, that pie was good." He finished with a laugh then he was gone.