II. Chapter Three: Chilly Paradise

Author's Note:

I actually wrote a really good chapter (for the last chapter) and of course it had to get deleted (thanks Wattpad). It was nothing major, it just introduced who Julian was and had the entire date scene (nothing major happened). Anyways, I hope you enjoy this one!

________________________________

After 21 years of existence, I've learned that there are some things a girl should never be woken up to. Like waking up in a hospital and having a doctor tell you that you've lost almost five years worth of bits and pieces of memories, or even finding that your stash of Cheerios has been raided by your good-for-nothing brother.

As of right now, having my 120-or so pound roommate climb on my back with her bony ass and yell into my ear was definitely added to the list. Another thing to keep in mind, never, should I ever be subjected to pain to the point where my rib cage is practically protruding through my chest. Never.

"Helena, it is fucking Saturday morning what could be so important that you had to interrupt my sleep?" I groaned. Yes, I loved her to death but was a wake up call so hard to do? At least it didn't involve an agonizing back-ache that would probably haunt me in the future.

"I want you to tell me about your date!" She gipped. I used the back of my hand to rub my eyes, and flipped Helena off of me. She landed gracefully on the side of my bed, ever strand of curl falling effortlessly, and lay her chin on her hands like a five year old. If she wasn't giving me Catalan lessons I swear I would be suffocating her with a pillow right now.

"The date was great, I had fun." I tied my hair into a loose ponytail behind my head, glancing at the clock on the nightstand. It was a little after nine, the sun covered slightly by white clouds. Had I been unaware of the seasons in Spain I would have sworn it was a beautiful day outside.

"It was great? That's all you're gonna tell me?" Helena persisted. Her amber eyes grew wide in interest at the topic

"Well I could tell you about how I was stranded in the middle of the city unable to find my way home because Julian's grandmother was practically on her deathbed on the hospital and-" I stopped in my tracks. I wasn't prepared to tell Helena about the stranger I had met last night. Maybe it was just a feeling at the back of my head or I was going crazy last night and imagined the whole thing. Either way, it was probably best if I kept the matter to myself.

"He left you stranded? I'm dealing with him when I see him in class on Monday-"

"No, Helena. There's no need, " I told her, patting her arm in reassurance. " Julian's a great guy, fantastic actually. I actually couldn't believe that I could go on a date and actually enjoy myself. And he had the most adorable-"

"Alright, save the gushy talk." she climbed onto the bed to sit next to me. "Are you guys going to go out again? I'm pretty sure he enjoyed it just as much as you did."

"Can't. Benedict practically has my ass glued to the library this afternoon. Since I missed a shift I have to make up for two, because it's not like I have a life or anything." I muttered.

"Benedict is just an old fart, trust me, you're gonna be fine. " I sat up and headed to the kitchen to make myself something to eat. The sweet aroma of chocolate-chip pancakes filled the room as I set my meal onto the plate and began to dig in.

After I ate, I went back into the bedroom to start getting dressed. I threw on a spaghetti strap blouse, a pair of blue jeans and sneakers before I went to the bathroom to do something with the ragweed sitting on top of my head. Helena sat on her bed, flipping through channels and stuffing chips in her face. She mumbled about how there was never anything good on television at this time in Saturday. I didn't really care for TV, not that I could actually watch it without needing English subtitles. Besides, I had to balance off work at the library, college, and assignments all at once.