CHAPTER 4

"The fuck!" Wonwoo screamed, his voice echoing off the walls.

"Of course that's not true!" Chan said, fear visible on his face, "It's just a- a – a myth!"

"The fuck! I'm –br-breaking – the- the window! I can't stay here a second longer!" he went towards the glass and tried to punch it.

"Wait!" It was Jihoon, "I-I think I saw something."

"What!"

"See!" He touched the window, "See! It's not the glass I'm touching! There is an invisible barrier here!"

A silence fell over.

They looked around and suddenly the place seemed to stare at them with predatory eyes. The house seemed to tell them they were stuck. That it was all over.

About 5 minutes ago, this place was so beautiful. But now, it was the scariest in the world. Everything seemed unsafe and dangerous.

"GUYS!!" Sungcheol said, regaining composure, "Guys c'mon! Listen to me. Come closer. Look, we all are really startled and scared but we need to stay calm. Panicking won't help.
Wonwoo, we're all here. Why are you worrying? We are all here with you." He threw him a smile. "Now, Junhui might actually be right."

Junhui nodded nervously, "I wish I wasn't."

"Well, since we can't explain anything, we need to work on assumptions. And our assumption is that this place is haunted. And we need to prepare based on this. Junhui, where is your equipment?"

"Here." He took off his bag, "This is an infrared laser." It looked like a pencil battery and Junhui switched it on. A red laser beam was visible. "What this does is identity any movement. There would be a breakage in this beam if something passes by. Our phone flashlights won't work since it can't detect 'ghostly rays' you know?"

He switched it off, "Next we have an infrared thermometer gun. It measures temperature differences. When a spirit or something is around you, the temperature fluctuates."

"And this, is the EMF Detector. It detects electromagnetic fields. And I have food, water and knives. Just in case."

"Medical supplies?"

"Yes."

"Just a question, how are you so prepared?"

"My friends in middle school came here and... that was the last time I saw them alive."

An eerie silence took over.

"It's okay guys. I'm more or less over it."

"I have a Cross!" Jisoo smiled widely as he showed it to them, "My Pastor gave it to me."

"A HOLY CROSS!" Mingyu exclaimed, "Jisoo, try opening the door!"

Jisoo nodded and pressed the cross to the door. He closed his eyes and recited some prayers, "Amen!" He tried to open the door but it still won't. "Oh No!"

"Jisoo! Weren't your prayers powerful enough?"

"I- I prayed with all my heart..." he said visibly shivering.

"Ok guys!" Minghao said, "Rule no. 1 of horror: Never split up. No matter what. Always have a partner. No. 2: Keep communication devices-"

Everybody's eyes widened. Communication devices!

"Someone call their mom!"

"I hope it works!" Junhui smiled hopefully.

"I'll do it!" Soonyoung said. He dialed his mom's number.

His face paled and he dropped the phone, screaming. He breathed heavily, staring at the fallen object with fear laden eyes. "Stay away from it. Stay away from it!"

"We need to know, hyung." Minghao picked up his phone and redialed the number.

It started off with the usual robotic voice, "You are currently beyond the reach of network." And the voice switched to a very deep and hoarse one, "Kindly try again later."

Everyone screamed loudly and moved away.

"Ok so... we're actually trapped?" Seokmin laughed nervously.

"I want to go home!" Hansol was near tears.

"Okay, guys." Sungcheol said, "Let's assign each other a number. Let us go age wise. Who's the oldest?"

"You are."

"Oaky, I am 1, Jeonghan is 2, Jisoo is 3, Junhui is 4, Soonyoung is 5, Wonwoo is 6, Jihoon is 7-"

"Can I be 8?" Minghao asked.

"Yeah! You're The8!" Mingyu smiled trying to keep the panic aside.

"Sure. Minghao is 8, Mingyu is 9, Seokmin is 10, Seungkwan is 11, Hansol is 12 and Chan is 13.

And whenever we enter or exit a room or if the lights go off, we take a roll call."

And as if he was heard,

The lights went off.