Chapter 11

"Next!" the music teacher said and another person came in front, trying to hit the notes he was playing.

There was an interschool competition scheduled and auditions were going on. Jisoo and Jeonghan were there for the same. They stood in line, waiting for their turn.

"Next!" the teacher said again. That was when Jisoo first saw Seokmin.

He was two grades lower than him. He stood in front of the piano, a little nervous and jittery. And for Jisoo, he was the most beautiful human alive.

"Sing!" the teacher played some notes and he did. In a voice that was so melodic, powerful and full of emotions it left Jisoo awestruck. His eyes followed him when he smiled shyly on getting selected and running over to a friend of his.

Jisoo smiled, feeling a rush of butterflies and wondered somewhere, if he still had the chance of getting selected.

He got to know him over practice. Seokmin was the one who'd do the talking. He would mostly just laugh and listen. He would listen, however weird or dumb his tales were. He loved listening to his voice.

"Tell him!" Jeonghan had once told him during recess.

"Nah! I don't wanna ruin our friendship."

"Who wouldn't like you, huh? I could date you myself but that would be incest."

"Shut up man!" he chuckled, looking at Seokmin who was sitting two tables away. Of course he didn't hold a chance.

Jisoo shook his head and wiped his tears. Shouldn't he have been more careful? Didn't he say that they were there together? He should've taken better care of him. He felt pathetic.

"We'll find him." Jeonghan said, "Don't worry!"

"It's a haunted manor! How the fuck do I not! It's Seokmin we're talking about! He won't be able to do it!"

"He'll be fine!" Sungcheol said, "That's all we can hope for and move forward."

"Jisoo hyung!" Jihoon said, "We need to move forward. For him."

Jisoo breathed deeply, "I know I'm being unreasonable shouting like this... but... give me some time." Jeonghan squeezed his shoulder, "I'll be fine. We've found clues." He handed them the clipboards, "There was a lot of partiality going on."

"Their parents didn't have a good relation either." Soonyoung said.

"Is it related to the older child? Did she put a curse or something?" Chan asked.

"From the looks of it, she is around 10." Wonwoo looked at the diary, "How can such a young child put a curse?"

"Fuck! What are we supposed to do now?" Junhui stared at his watch, "It's 2. Anyone hungry?"

"Seriously? You're thinking about eating?" Hansol asked.

"We need to... to survive. This is definitely not the way I want to die."

"I'll have a bite." Mingyu sighed.

*

"I wonder what's in the closet we opened." Minghao said after they'd eaten. "Apart from that dead body who almost killed us."

"I don't know. I don't want to go back." Junhui said, holding the scar on his face. Minghao patted his shoulder.

"Uh... I think, we should go and check. It seems important." Hansol said.

"Later. I lack courage." Junhui chuckled sadly, "Anyway, the house is haunted."

"It's cursed. Who put it?" Jihoon asked, sitting back on the chair.

"I gotta read this to know." Wonwoo held the diary, "Though it's very thick, I'll try finishing it fast."

"I miss Seokmin hyung..." Seungkwan whispered, tears filling his eyes. He breathed heavily and wiped them. "What do we do now?"

"I guess... we must just go and rest. I don't think we can move forward." Sungcheol said. "We'll work on everything later."

They walked through the long corridors, towards the bedrooms. Sungcheol was behind the crowd. Their feet were dragging along the carpet creating a muffled noise.

But then he heard it. Dark footsteps and sounds of floorboards creaking. He stiffened and turned around, but all he could see, was the infinite darkness of the corridor. He continued walking but the sound didn't go.

His heart started to race and his head threatened to spin. He couldn't deal with this! No! This entire scenario! It was too familiar. No! He couldn't go through this again.

Why were the footsteps coming closer? Why were the sounds becoming louder?

Tears stung his eyes as fear engulfed him. His legs started to shake as memories from the past came flooding back. He wasn't here anymore. It felt like he had returned to his 8 year old self. A chapter of his life, he didn't want to read again.

WARNING: MENTIONS OF STALKING AND KIDNAPPING

He was running through the park with his friends. He didn't even know how he ended up in the corner of the street.

There was a man. There was nothing harmful about him but it was the look in his eyes which alerted him. He turned and ran away. But after that, there was this omnious feeling which seemed to following him everywhere.

Something seemed to be gazing into everything he owned, everywhere he went, everything he did. The gaze was dirty, suffocating, violating, licking onto every inch of his body. It made him feel disgusting! It made him feel pathetic!

He didn't want to go out. He wanted it to stop. But he couldn't tell anyone.

One day, coming back from school, he found the streets empty. He walked home, taking big, cautious steps.

And then it happened!

A rough hand cupped his mouth and another snaked around his waist tightly pulling him towards a van with tinted glass.

He struggled, trying to scream for help and hit the guy. But he was pulled closer into the dark and devastating interiors of the van.

He thought the end had come. But fortunately and miraculously, the grip on him loosened and he fell to the ground. His dad and a couple of other men were pulling his kidnapper back.

Sungcheol lay there, shivering violently and howling, holding onto his father tightly till the police arrived and took him away.

What happened then was a miracle. But now, would anything save him now? Why were the floorboard sounds increasing in volume? And why was the presence so close to him? He couldn't go through it! Not again!

"We're here." He heard Hansol open a door and everyone walked in.

The presence was gone and he huffed a sigh of relief, falling onto the couch.

He had gone through another day. 

A/N: If you guys are experiencing something such as stalking, please don't hesitate to tell someone. Your safety matters. Tell a trusted person, ASAP!

Help is available. Don't feel ashamed or guilty to ask for it. 

Things get better. 

Have a nice day! : ))