Chapter 18

WARNING: GRAPHIC MURDER, SUICIDE, BLOOD AND GORE.
IF YOU'RE SENSITIVE, DON'T READ THIS CHAPTER. EVERYTHING WILL BE EXPLAINED IN THE NEXT ONE.

"What do you want from me?" a black silhouette with a deep and husky voice asked. It was hovering over the woman.

"Revenge! For Remi! My daughter!"

"What do you want me to do?"

"Kill her bullies! And everyone else who led her to her doom!"

"Everyone else, huh?" the figure enveloped her completely, "Then I should kill you? She told you so many times but you didn't pay attention. You're a horrible, horrible mother!"

"NO!" she yelled grabbing her hair, "She's my daughter! How can I do something to her? I- I love her..."

"YOU DON'T!" the figure moved back in front of her, "I have to kill you too."

Hansol watched as the woman crawled back in fear muttering, "Don't kill me! Don't kill me!" the figure moving closer towards her.

Then, the woman looked up, "I don't want anything from you! I'll do it myself!"

"Is that so? You're bringing upon your own doom. Remi's soul won't be at peace and you'll put yourself in trouble."

"Don't tell me anything! GET OUT!" she hurriedly and disoriented, chanted some spells and snubbed the candles. The figure disappeared after warning her not to do anything.

Hansol stood there, mouth agape and paralysed as the scene seemed to shift. And as it did, his breath got stuck at the back of the throat, his skin crawling at the sight.

Bodies! Of children, covered in blood. And above them, the mother, drenched in blood, a knife in hand, a sickeningly sinister and pleasured look on her face.

And then it shifted again. Her killing her own daughter. Jia! Screaming and howling in agony and fear as her own mother slammed her head repeatedly against the bathtub, blood flowing down, staining the white stone with a deadly red.

"YOU! BECAUSE OF YOU I COULDN'T PAY ATTENTION TO REMI! YOU KILLED HER! BLOODY MURDERER!"

Hansol felt shivers go through his body, a lump in his throat, a sick feeling at the pit of his stomach. He felt his body lose all power as he struggled to stand, watching how her face contorted and turn deformed as her mother threw her into the bathtub filled with water.

The colourless liquid turned red as the woman, who brought her into this world, who gave her space in her own womb, who she was supposed to trust with her life, the one who was supposed to love her the most held her into the waters, face down, blocking her airways! She thrashed painfully, with whatever little bit of life was left in her, hoping to save herself.

Hansol watched everything, until she was just a body floating in red, copper smelling liquid, her head smashed, and her eyes wide open.

And then the scene shifted. To the repulsive woman being held down by the black figure, her eyes wide and bloodshot. She had been cursed. With misfortune, ill luck and sadness.

And the scene shifted yet again. With the woman hanging from a ceiling fan, a rope around her neck, lifeless eyes staring down, her tongue hanging out and white foam at the corner of her mouth. An Ouija board lay beside her and a reversing spell written on the papers.

"HANSOL!" he felt someone shake him and he dropped to the floor, his eyes shut. He coughed and then purged bile all over the floor, a bitter and sour taste taking over him, his legs shaking.

He felt a par of arms support him as he breathlessly stared in front, hazy voices enveloping him.

Everything made sense now.

Could they finally escape?  

A/N: So, I downloaded weverse and I'm spending too much time there. 

I just can't stop scrolling through the feed, lmao!

Also... can we just talk about Sungcheol's undercut! Like- OMG!