Chapter 18

It has been 2 weeks since Lucas left, I haven't heard from him and I knew I wasn't going to but I hoped I would.
I had started my new job last week which I got a flower delivery from Lucas congratulating me but when I asked when the flower delivery company when they were ordered for me they said it was weeks before Lucas left.
Ari was back from New York and was meeting me for lunch. I felt guilty that I still haven't told her and Kathy about Lucas and I. Especially Kathy, he is her brother.

I had grabbed us our regular table when Ari walked in and she was with Kathy.
"Hey Vee," they both say in unison hugging me.
"Kathy, you're here too?" I asked thrown off a bit because I didn't know she was in L.A.
"Yeah we got back together, I missed my dad so I came home to spend some time with him." Kathy said explaining.
"So what's been going on with you?" Ari asks after we order our food.
I was already feeling guilty enough and couldn't lie anymore so I blurted it out.
"Something was kind of going on between Lucas and I." I said looking at Kathy's face and she didn't look surprised maybe a little mad though.
"We know that already." Ari says.
"You do? How?" I asked.
"My brother trusts me enough to tell me stuff." Kathy says glaring at me.
"Kathy, I'm sorry. I really wanted to say something but I wasn't sure how you would react." I say.
"How would I react? Vanessa you're my best friend and I would never lie to you about something that important." Kathy says.
"Why didn't you tell me you knew already?" I asked.
"Because I wanted you to tell me yourself, I thought we told each other everything." Kathy says.
"I'm sorry, I just kind of thought you wouldn't approve."
"I never approve of all his girlfriend because I love my brother and I don't want to see him get hurt but you're my best friend of course I could approve of you." Kathy says.
"Okay guys let's wrap this up," Ari says.
"I'm sorry," I say again.
"It's okay, I'm not mad anymore." Kathy says.
"Okay cool, I hate when we fight." Ari says.
"I love you guys so much." I say my eyes welling up.
"We love you too."
"Now how was the sex." Ari asks.
"Eww we're not talking about that, ever. He's my brother." Kathy says barfing as we all laugh at her.
"So when did he tell you anyway?" I ask.
"After I got back from the honeymoon, he said you two were seeing each other casually." Kathy says.
"Did he also tell you it's over?" I ask.
"Yeah he was in New York last week, he told me it was over between you guys." Kathy says.
"How are you doing anyway? I know you don't do casual." Ari asks me.
"Guys, I miss him." I say flat out sobbing right now.
"Oh honey" they both say moving into my booth and comforting me.
"It's okay, everything will be fine." Kathy says.
"Okay we're definitely having a girls day to mend Vanessa's broken heart." Ari says.
"My heart is not broken, I just miss him." I say.
"Yeah yeah I know, it's probably the amazing sex you guys had." Ari says.
"Eww Eww Eww, we're never talking about that, he's my brother." Kathy says barfing again as we all laugh at her again.

I was so glad so have my friends back, we spent the whole weekend together cheering me up before Kathy left for New York and Ari also had to go to Malibu with her boyfriend.

I pulled myself into work, I love being in fashion and it took my mind of Lucas. But I was still hormonal, little things made me cry and my emotions were a rollercoaster.
It was after work and I was out with my new friend from work Angela.
"What has been up with you all week, you have been craving cheesy nachos." Angela asks when I order it in a bar.
"I don't know, just been a little hormonal just probably just stress and my period is also late."
"How late?" She asks.
"About 3 weeks, sometimes I'm late so it's not a big deal." I say.
"3 weeks? Are you sure you're not pregnant?" She asks.
"What? No." I say laughing at her absurd idea.
"I'm on the pill." I add.
"Yeah those things are not a 100 percent accurate. Let go get you a pregnancy test."
Angela says.
"Angie I'm not pregnant." I say huffing as she drags me out of the bar.
"Yeah we'll find out soon enough." She says.
We stop by a pharmacy close to my apartment, we get about 3 different kits of the test and head back to my apartment.

I pee on the 3 sticks and we wait for it, and I start panic. What if I'm really pregnant. What am I going to do.
We never talked about it but I don't think Lucas wants kids. Oh God I'm so screwed.

I really was pregnant, the first test showed two red lines, the second test too and also the third test.
"Oh my God Angie, what am I going to do. I'm not ready to be a mother." I say panicking.
"Honey it's okay, you're going to be fine and we have to confirm from a doctor first so let's not panic." Angela says comforting me.
"Yeah you're right, this tests might me wrong. Okay I'll go to the doctor first thing tomorrow morning, let me book an appointment." I say rambling.
"Vanessa you have to calm down, breath honey, breath." Angela says.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I didn't sleep well that night, Angela wanted to go with me to the doctor but I said no.
"Congratulations Miss Ford you're 6 weeks pregnant." The doctor said and everything went blurry.
Oh God, I'm really pregnant. What would Lucas say. Oh my God I'm not ready to be a mother. What am I going to do.
"I'm going to set an appointment for you for Monday, to discuss how to go on. If you want keep it or terminate it." I hear the doctor say but my was deep in my thoughts.
Okay Okay, I nod to everything the doctor says.
I call Angela immediately I leave the doctors office.
"So what are you going to do? Are you going to tell Lucas?" She asks.
"I don't know if I want to keep it." I say.
"And I don't know if to tell Lucas." I say.
"Honey take the weekend to think about it, everything you decide you new office bestie Angela is going to be here for you." Angela says giving me a hug.

I spend the whole weekend in my apartment, avoiding everything and everyone. Sunday morning I still haven't decided what to do but Lucas still had the right to know. So I called his cellphone but he didn't answer.
I debated on whether to leave a message but decided against it, an hour later my phone rang and I checked to see Lucas calling back.
I take few deep breaths before answering.
"Vanessa." He says answering in his deep beautiful voice.
"Lucas." I say.
"How are you doing?" He asks.
"Uhnmm I'm not sure," I say beginning to ramble.
"I mean I'm okay but I just found out I'm pregnant and I wanted you to know." I say.
"Okay." He says.
"Are you sure?" He asks.
"Yeah I'm sure. I went to the doctor on Friday. I don't even know if I'm keeping it, I just wanted you to know." I say rambling again.
"Anyway I have another appointment on Monday to hear about my options." I add.
"Okay we'll talk about it then." Lucas says calmly before ending the call.