Chapter 12

It's night now, the dark sky looming over Tanjiro in an almost mocking way; he instinctively gulped and looked away. Nezuko instead, admired the pretty stars that shown brightly in the sky, mouth agape and sparkles in her eyes.

Tanjiro shuts his eyes, and looks away from Muzan; who's seated a few inches from him, both of them on the polished wooden floor. He's not all magically happy being near Muzan-- sure, he feels some... pounding sensation in his heart somewhere-- but it's not enough to make him friendly.

Nezuko prepared the oh-so-famous Green Tea that everyone seems to adore just so much for them, gently pouring both of them a cup. Tanjiro placed the bottom of the cup in his palm, while the other held it firmly in place. He seemed to stare into the tea, the pretty, clear, green cup of tea.

He almost takes a sip, but instead let his hand lay on his lap with the cup of tea in hand.

He's not in the mood for any tea.

His feelings seem to tangle up with his nerves like a jumbled mess, he's unable to untie it at all. Instead, he settles the cup of tea down onto the wooden floor nearby. "I'm-- sorry." He says it first, although Muzan wanted to say it as well.

Both Muzan and Tanjiro both calmly watch Nezuko play on the swing with a smile on her face for the both of them. "Why is that? I think... I should be the one to say sorry."

Both Tanjiro and Muzan is a bit jittery-- but Tanjiro's more visibly nervous than the other male. Fidgeting with his fingers; something he'd do very often, biting his lips, and looking around the scenery to distract his mind.

"Caro, calm down." Muzan tried to say it in the smoothest tone he could muster. He could try and pat Tanjiro's back or head but that might just make him even more on edge. "I won't hurt you."

Tanjiro still can't settle down. He murmurs something but it is incoherent, Muzan gently hums for him to repeat it. "Pin-- Pinky-Promise...?" He says, not looking at him, but it's loud enough for Muzan to clearly hear it.

Muzan's bemused, "Uh... What's that?"

Tanjiro turns to him and pouts, "It's an oath." He hesitantly raises his pinky out, while the other fingers are somewhat forming a fist. "We intertwine pinkies--" His other hand reaches out for Muzan's hand involuntarily; before he could stop it.

Muzan copies Tanjiro, first, forming a fist and Tanjiro pulls at his pinky with his free hand. Tanjiro's pinky slid around Muzan's, causing his pale face to burn a little; he adverts his eyes.

Tanjiro is also a bit; flustered, but does a good job on staying calm.

"Now... Let's have something to swear on..." He hums, trying his best to suppress his nerves that seems to be frying up. "Um-- Let's have our promise be something along the lines of: Let's protect each other. Okay?"

Muzan nods, "Uh-- okay." He says as Tanjiro suddenly starts to move their two hands; only pinkies intertwined. Tanjiro relaxes, as if that was the seal to their deal, and now, he could just chill down for a bit.

"Just so you know, this is a Unbreakable Oath." He feels the bundles of nerves starts to weave out into several lines. He's a bit comforted now, "You know," He even snickers, "If you break it, it's more or less, breaking your pinky finger."

Muzan blinks, "That doesn't exactly matter to me you know. I can just... regenerate."

Tanjiro's face blanks.

He takes a scoot away from Muzan.

"Wait! Wait!" He panics, "I take that back! I take it back! Um, how about, let's make the punishment harder for me? I mean, I do have a very big advantage over you and all-- So, if I break the promise, let's just say-- it's equal as in taking my life okay, Caro?"