ToAST-y Beginnings (ToAST, ToA, ToM)

So, you've arrived in Ring 1 as a new-comer. The first thing you should do is try to finish all of the Beginner towers- a.k.a Tower of Annoying Simple Trials, or the tutorial tower, Tower of Anger and Tower of Madness.

For all towers I discuss in this guide, I'll be going over the difficult parts or floors of the tower, and not going step by step through everything. Along with any difficult parts, I'll be going over traps, puzzles, cheese, and shortcuts.

Obviously, the first tower we start off with is Tower of Annoyingly Simple Trials. This tower functions as a tutorial tower for new-comers, introducing all sorts of mechanics from rope platforms, to buttons, to darkness. These are all used later on in towers, so it's important to pay attention to the signs scattered around the tower which explain everything.

The interesting thing about the tower is that it's also made for potential speedrunners too. The tower has multiple shortcuts and skips. Here are some of the most major:

1. On the second floor, with the X-Pusher part, you can do a two-stud wraparound to get to the other side without using the pushers, or a well-planned high jump to jump the wall. This is extremely handy if you're on mobile.

2. On the second floor chamber where you'd have to touch all four buttons, you can simply corner clip through. This might take a bit to master, but it saves a lot of time.

3. On the fourth floor, you can simply jump on one of the killbrick walls to get past the second spinner and other wrap-arounds.

4. On the sixth floor's chamber, at the entrance you might spot a hardly visible platform and ladder to skip it.

5. At the start of floor 7, before you go to the first outside section, rummage around and you'll find a truss to skip most of the floor.

6. On floor 8, or the advanced tutorial, while on the truss crossing, you can simply do a flick to get on top of it, and head to floor 9.

7. Finally, on floor 9, when on the timed button part, don't press the first button, but instead go near the end, and look under the platform. You'll spot a blue platform and a neon door. (Look at the bottom right of the picture to see the exact location.)

These are all the skips in ToAST

These are all the skips in ToAST. In the end, if you use all of them, you should be be able to finish the tower in 8 minutes or less.

The second tower is Tower of Anger. This tower is also an Easy, and doesn't contain any remotely difficult sections. In terms of secrets and shortcuts, there are the following:

1. At the beginning of Floor 3, as you get out of the Chamber, you can see an invisible two-stud pole behind a rod. This can be used to skip a small segment.

 This can be used to skip a small segment

2. On Floor 3, before the tightrope, you should see a few invisible studs on the wall. Use these to skip the tightrope section and directly start Floor 4.

3. On Floor 7, come to the second spinner. Next to the spinner, you should see a few slanted platforms. Jump on one that's on the far side when the spinner is closest to them.

This tower is shorter than ToAST, and is much simpler.

And finally, as the third tower is Tower of Madness. It is a Medium tower, and a bit more difficult than the previous two, with one-stud poles and a lot of head-hitters. Skips are as follows: 

1. After completing Floor 3, you should come on top of the chamber. Normally, you would proceed forward, and do Floor 4, but if you go the other way you will encounter an invisible ladder that will allow you to skip Floor 4 in its entirety.

2. When on Floor 5, the first few walk-arounds can simply be done as head-hitters, but soon the height between two walk-arounds will be too much. Instead, simply head to a corner, and try to diagonally jump from one to the higher up other.

3. Once on Floor 8, while on the final walk around, you can simply highjump to skip going around the cube.

After Floor 9, unless you are uncareful, there should be no risk of falling.

Congratulations if you've beaten all three of these towers. They are the first step towards completing the game.