•Chapter 6•

•Theadora Sanford•

I covered my eyes with my arm and yawned. I realized it was still late and I had just woken up early. I slowly got out of my lumpy bed. Josh was gone, which was odd. I checked the time, only to see that it was 9 at night. Where could he possibly be? Did he always leave around this time of night? Maybe he left for good? A sinking feeling was felt on my stomach area and I sighed. I slowly stalked into my bathroom and splashed water on my face, feeling refreshed. I brushed my hair and put it up into a ponytail.

After drying off, I walked back into my room, noticing my door was open. Someone's scent was around my room as well. "Hello?" A voice called out in the dark. I fumbled for the light, grabbing the string and tugging it. The light illuminated my room, and also the person who was Jake. Why was he here? Did they find out about Josh? My heart began thudding against my chance at the possibility of them finding out about Josh. Maybe that's why Josh was missing so late at night. I cleared my throat and bowed, "Alpha Jake?"

"No need for titles, Miss Sanford, I won't go around calling you Omega Theadora." He chuckled.

I cleared my throat again, "Uh, Jake? Wh-What are you doing here?" I was comfortable not using the manners I was grown up to use. I was used to always using titles, or roles. Whatever they liked to call it.

My eyes were stuck on the ground as he spoke, "There is a ball tommorow in which you must attend. I don't want you to wear a servants clothing, just a normal dress. Alpha Xavier is visiting again, and he wants to specially thank you."

"I... I don't have a dress." I whispered in embarrassment. All the clothes I had were 7 of the same pairs of a dress which were themed black and white and only for the servants of the pack. I had never worn anything else besides that in my entire life.

"Nonsense, I'll let you borrow my card and you can be escorted out to the mall in one of the pack vehicles in the morning."

"But, I-" I began to stutter, but even if I tried, I wouldn't form a complete sentence.

"That's orders from your alpha, understand?" he demanded more firmly.

"Yes sir." I shrunk back.

"Alright then, I'll leave you to it-" He stopped short, smelling the air. "What's the smell?" he inhaled again. His eyes were narrowed, and he seemed to lowly growl.

My eyes expanded, realizing that Josh's scent wasn't covered, "What scent, sir?" I covered pretending I had no idea what he was talking about.

"It smells like..." He sniffed the air, walking around my room. Fear swelled inside of me and I begged in my mind he wouldn't find anything. "Nah, there's no possible way. My nose must be playing tricks on me." He chuckled. I let out a silent breath of relief. That was a close one. Too close. "Now, where were we? Oh, yes, I'll have pack guards escort you to and from the mall. I guess I'll be on my way then." he grinned, "Goodnight." he smiled at me.

I nodded, "Goodnight, sir." I exhaled as he left the room, shutting the door behind him. That was way too close. If he found out Josh was being harbored and nurtured back to health by an omega, I would surely be killed.

I sighed and got rid of those thoughts. At least I didn't get caught. Instead, I was invited to a ball! I couldn't even see me at a big and fancy party attending as one of the guests. I had never even seen a ball. I was only left to clean up afterwards, and imagine what it was like. A dress? Shopping? Me? I was so caught up in my thoughts that A scent filled my nose, and it smelled delightful. Josh appeared climbing inside my room with agility, a bag in one hand as he closed back the window. "Mmmmm!" I inhaled, smelling the scent.

Josh chuckled, "It's just McDonald's, you know?"

I tilted my head, sitting on my bed with my legs crossed. "Mac what?"

He looked at me in astonishment, "You don't know what McDonald's is?" He sat in front of me and took everything out of the bag.

"Nope. Is it a type of food?"

Josh chuckled again, "It's a restaurant. A drive thru resturaunt." He handed me one of the wrapped things in yellow paper and I stared at it.

"I'm supposed to eat the paper?"

Josh rolled his eyes, "You're supposed to take the paper off." He unwrapped it for me, and I felt like an idiot.

I stared at the burger. "It's just a burger." I laughed.

He took a bite of his, "Try it." He said with a full mouth. Shrugging, I bit into the burger. It was the most awesome moment of my life.

"Wow!" I closed my eyes and chewed. "Where did you get this." I took another bite and chewed.

"You, my friend, have a world to explore." Josh began. He wrapped his arms around my neck and I leaned on his shoulder. "Earth is actually a beautiful place, it's just some humans don't know how to treat it. Not all of us, but I would say a majority," "but there are so many places you haven't been. Rome, Greece, Paris, New York."

"What's it like? Have you been there?" I asked hopefully.

"I wish. I just don't have the money for a luxurious boat ride. But I've heard a lot about them." he smiled and I closed my eyes as I imagined each one.

"Can you tell me?" I questioned, needing a better visual.

"Ah, where do I start?" he sighed in satisfactory and snapped his fingers, "Paris! The city of love..."