Chapter 7

Third Person:

Sunset Shimmer slammed her locker shut, frowning when she realized she forgot her pencil bag back in class.

"Hey, Sunset," Rarity called, typing on her phone. "Do you know where Applejack is?"

She shook her head. "Nope, sorry, Rarity. But I need to go get my pencil bag."

"Oh, it's alright, darling," Rarity picked at her nails. "But if you do see her, tell her to meet me at the park."

"Sounds good. See you tomorrow!" Sunset gave the fashionista a thumbs-up, watching her leave. Then, she put on her bag, heading back towards the classroom. As she got closer, however, she could hear some noises coming from it, sounding suspiciously like kissing. She opened the door to see who it was.

Sunset gaped at the scene before her. Applejack...and Rainbow Dash?! Kissing? The former baddie let out a little yelp, stumbling backwards. She tripped on her pencil bag, shoving it in her backpack in a rush.

The noise caused the two girls to spring away from each other, both panting heavily. Their eyes widened when they saw their friend on the floor, phone out and bewildered-looking.

"No, wait, Sunset! It's not what it seems—" Rainbow Dash stammered.

"Well, I'm not so sure about that," Sunset shouted, getting up and running out the door. It slammed behind her with a thud.

Rainbow Dash's POV:

I sank down onto the floor, face in my hands. Why was I being so stupid? Of course someone had to walk in, and of course it had to be one of my friends. "What are we gonna do?" I groaned.

Applejack seemed just as distraught as me. "Ah...have no idea,"

"This is all your fault," I muttered.

"All mah fault?" She exclaimed. "You kissed me back, too!"

I sighed, standing up. "Yes, I know, and I'm sorry. But...nothing matters now. Everyone's going to be so mad at us."

"At least we have each other," Applejack opened the door. "And you've got to admit, you enjoyed it."

"Not as much as you,"

"Less, probably, because me and Rarity basically do that most of the time," she said matter of factly. She winced. "Nevermind, not helpin'."

I shook my head, on the verge of crying. It was a bad idea bringing up Rarity, especially for the emotional part of me. "So...you do that to her every time you two kiss? So you were basically treating me like her? So you're saying that you do not TRULY LOVE ME?!" The last part I said loudly, tears spilling down my face.

"What? No, 'course not!" She placed a hand on my shoulder. "Rainbow, yer overreacting—"

"I'm not!" I shoved her away, stomping outside, breathing heavily. Just calm down, I told myself. "I'm sorry," I turned back around, only to find myself in Applejack's arms. She was hugging me, and I hugged her back, relishing the warmth. Footsteps approached us, and I stiffened.

Applejack's POV:

I glimpsed all of my five other friends through Rainbow's hair. They were looking shocked and angry. Rarity the most, but she also appeared to be crying at the same time. I pushed Rainbow away, picking up her jacket and then tossing it to her. She jammed herself into it hurriedly.

"Are you going to ignore us?" Twilight's voice was not amused. "Because we're not."

"Look—" I started.