Chapter 8

Rainbow Dash's POV:

I walked to school the normal way, a bounce in each step. My mood hadn't been this good in weeks. I couldn't wait to see Applejack, and I had smoothed things over with my friends over text. They were glad that it was a misunderstanding, and not an actual thing.

I closed my locker, and glimpsed my friends hanging out outside through the glass door. I ran down to meet them.

"Rainbow Dash!" Fluttershy exclaimed, coming forward to hug me. "I told you everything would be alright."

I scoffed. "I don't know what you're talking about."

"Howdy, Dash," Applejack tipped her hat, winking at me. I blushed, and my friends giggled around me. Rarity didn't look as jealous or mad as I thought, and she smiled at me when she noticed my gaze.

"Oooh, we should have a party celebrating Rainbow Dash and Applejack's lesbianness!" Pinkie Pie pulled out a cannon from out of nowhere, and fired it, confetti spraying everywhere.

"Pinkie," mumbled Sunset, facepalming herself. Twilight chuckled, crossing her arms.

"I mean, 'lesbianness' is a word," She pushed up her glasses. "I'm not gonna complain against an actual word, unlike those other words Pinkie comes up with."

"How...do you know that?" Sunset scratched her head.

"I once read an entire dictionary over the summer," Twilight's smile was smug, but soon faded at everyone's weirded-out look. "What? It's not that weird."

"Anyways, it's not like the whole school isn't going to know about it soon," Rarity went back to the point. "You two definitely should have a 'coming out of the closet' party. Well, not that Applejack needs one, but you haven't told your family, have you, AJ?"

"Ah suppose so," she shrugged.

"But my family doesn't even live in Canterlot," I pointed out. "They're in Cloudsdale."

"Your family lives on clouds?" Pinkie Pie asked.

"No, but my town's famous for the low-hanging clouds that sometimes appear," I explained proudly.

"That's cloud-tastic. Get it, get it? Because I put cloud and fantastic together in one sentence, which means that it's fantastic but the clouds are what's fantastic, not anything else. I mean, it's not like I said candy-tastic, which means I would be talking about candy, but I'm not, because candy is super different clouds, but candy is tastier, so I guess candy would be even more tastic-ier than clouds, except I have never tasted clouds before, so I can't really decide that yet. Who knows, maybe clouds taste like cotton candy, and cotton candy in my opinion is much tastier than candy, because it's sweet, and fluffy, and sugary, and cloud-y, so maybe clouds are tastic-ier than candy! Hey, Dashie, do you know anyone who eats clouds? Because I need to compare candy and clouds to see which one is truly tastier aaaaand tastic-ier—"

"Pinkie Pie," All six of us groaned, laughing.

"Cloud-tastic isn't a word," muttered Twilight under her breath.

I smiled brightly, feeling so happy. Applejack was mine, and I was hers, unofficially. Sure, we may get into trouble in the near future, but the present was all that mattered to me. Everything that we've been through has been leading up to this moment. Heck, even Applejack dating Rarity was essential. And if I had the choice to change the past, to make AJ mine even before today, I wouldn't lift one finger.

"You look happy," Applejack said to me. I hugged her, breathing in her apples and grassy scent.

"And you look adorable," I whispered into her ear, gently pecking her on her freckles. She laughed, pulling me in for a deeper kiss.

-----

Anddddd that's it, people. I've been thinking about adding shorts and stuff, not like a sequel (well, not quiteeee yet). And I only published this once I was entirely finished is because nobody likes cliffhangers, and I can change stuff to the story without readers being confused. c: Hope you enjoyed! (also, put suggestions down in the comments for little short stories)