Two-Faced Mirror

A young man walked through the forest with his quiver and hunting bow. He heard a young girl singing and followed the sound below. There he found the maiden who lives in the willow. He called to her as she listened from a ring of toadstools red:

"Come with me my maiden. Come from thy willow bed"

She looked at him serenely and only shook her head.

"See me now, a ray of light in the moondance. See me now, I cannot leave this place. Hear me now, a strain of song in the forest. Don't ask me, to follow where you lead."

A young man walked through the forest with a flower and coat of green. His love had hair like fire, her eyes an emerald sheen. She wrapped herself in beauty. So young and so serene. He stood there under the willow and he gave her the yellow bloom.

"Girl my heart you've captured. Oh I would be your groom"

She said she'd wed him never. Not near, nor far, nor soon.

"See me now, a ray of light in the moondance. See me now, I cannot leave this place. Hear me now, a strain of song in the forest. Don't ask me, to follow where you lead."

A young man walked through the forest with an axe sharp as a knife.

"I'll take the green-eyed fairy and she shall be my wife. With her I'll raise my children. With her I'll live my life."

The maiden wept when she heard him when he said he'd set her free. He took his axe and used it to bring down her ancient tree.

"Now your willow's fallen. Now you belong to me"

"See me now, a ray of light in the moondance. See me now, I cannot leave this place. Hear me now, a strain of song in the forest. Don't ask me, to follow where you lead."

She followed him out the forest, and collapsed upon the earth. Her feet had walked but a distance, from the green land of her birth. She faded into a flower, that would bloom for one bright eve. He could not take from the forest, what was never meant to leave.

::

Hands.

They were everywhere; climbing, crawling, clawing towards her, on her. They caressed her lovingly, stroking her and running along her arms and legs. She was naked. She didn't like it. They didn't care. They told her it would feel good. Slowly one by one they crept closer and closer to her torso.

Her eyes watered.

She didn't want to be touched. She wanted them to let go. Let go. Let go. Let go. Let go. Let go. Let go. Let go. Let go. Let go. Let go. Let go. Let go. Let go. Let go. Let go. Let go. Let go. LEt gO.

WhY wOn'T tHeY LeT mE gO???????????????????????????????????????????

They never listened. Ever.

There was a door.

It creaked open to reveal a deep darkness. A shadow made of abyss. The hands nudged her towards it but she stood her ground. She didn't want to go through the door.

She jerked in a panicked fashion as the hands abruptly clasped around her arms and legs. They pulled her towards it. She screamed and thrashed though no sound could pass the hand covering her mouth.

She cried blood.

Blood that pooled on the ground and create a crimson lake she tried to swim in. The hands held her arms and legs. She couldn't swim. She was going to drown. She watched in horror as the hands contorted and twisted as flesh ripped apart and mashed back together to form a lump in the shape of a mouth.