Part Three: The Invasion- Not Yet

"No, we can't leave yet."

     Everyone turned towards the voice of the interruption. It was someone they never expected.

     Kurapika was standing there in deep thought, looking a little bit guilty. Everyone was surprised. What happened?

     Kurapika sighed. "Sorry, that came out wrong. But... there's something I found out..."

     Flashback to Kurapika and Machi's meeting:

     "What do you know about the whereabouts of the Scarlet Eyes?" Kurapika asked, holding the Dowsing Chain out in front of Machi in a threatening manner.

     Machi sighed. "Whether you know or not doesn't matter to me, so I might as well tell you."

     She looked up. "One pair of the Scarlet Eyes are right here in this world."

     Kurapika's didn't think he heard right. "What!?"

     Machi nodded. "Years ago, after the invasion of your clan..." She spoke carefully, knowing that was the worst trigger point for the person in front of her. "Our Leader sold most of the Scarlet Eyes, to where, I don't know, so don't bother asking. However, he gave some pairs to certain members, as a reward. We were allowed to try to sell them ourselves or use them however we wanted."

     "I was given one of the Scarlet Eyes pairs and I brought them here when I learnt about this special power this guild possesses. I gave the Scarlet Eyes to this guild, as proof of my allegiance."

     Kurapika clenched his fist. "So you're saying..."

     Machi nodded again. "Yes. One of your clan's eyes are in the main base of the SIA guild. If you want to find them, that's where you need to go. Now, if you're done, let's go our separate ways now. I refuse to help my enemy more than this."

     Present:

     Everyone listened silently to Kurapika's explanation. 

     "I'll... give more details about the Scarlet Eyes afterwards." Kurapika said, knowing by now that everyone deserved an explanation. "But... they're something very important to me. Knowing that they're in possession of this guild, in this world..."

     "I can't leave. Not yet."

     Kurapika looked at Gon, Killua, and Leorio. "I'm sorry. I won't keep you three here. You can go ahead. I'll come back after I finish what I need to do here."

     There was silence. Then Leorio started laughing.

     "Honestly Kurapika, it's just like you to try to do everything yourself. Are you TRYING to get rid of us?"

     "What? No I-" Kurapika began to explain, but Leorio cut him off.

     "Anyways, long story short, I'm staying. Can't let you do everything yourself, can I?" Leorio looked at Gon and Killua. "And I'm pretty sure these two also agree."

     "I'll stay too." Gon and Killua both said at the same time. They looked at each other and then smiled, they were obviously thinking the same thing.

     Gon looked at Erza. "Just because we've defeated the members in this base, it doesn't mean we've defeated SIA, right?"

     Erza shook her head. "This is the junior base. To truly defeat SIA, we need to invade the main base. That was the next step of actions once you guys left."