Part Four: Endgame- Luck and Change

Erza walked into the infirmary, now the new sleeping quarters of the Hunters, to check whether the boys had left yet, and was shocked to find Killua waiting, already packed with a single backpack.

"You guys were supposed to leave by now! Where's Gon?"

Killua groaned. "You tell me. He said he'd be here in an hour after getting some fish. He must have gotten lost or something."

"Oh." Erza said. "I suppose I should send Natsu or someone to go look for him."

As if on cue, screams started to erupt from the guild dining hall.

"Natsu, where are you going!?"

"Hold on man!"

"Natsu! Wait!"

"Don't stop me, this is urgent!"

Both Killua and Erza raced into the hall, to see Gray and Lucy trying to hold Natsu back from zooming out of the guild hall. Happy was watching helplessly. "What's going on!?" Erza boomed.

Natsu was busy using his nose to sniff for something. His eyes were wide. He pulled away from Gray and Lucy.

"It's Gon!"

"What!?" Killua exclaimed.

Natsu nodded his head. "I can smell him. His scent has gone into the opposite direction in the forest. And..."

He sniffed a bit more. "It's very faint, but I can pick up other people!"

In a flash, Killua threw away his backpack. "Dang it, we should have known!"

This time, it was Erza who held Killua back. "Where are you going?"

"Isn't it obvious?!" Killua said. "The SIA has struck first. Gon is in danger, we need to go after him!"

"What's going on?" Kurpika said, just then coming down the stairs.

After an extremely quick explanation, Kurapika looked at Killua firmly. "You are going to continue your task without Gon."

"What!?" both Killua and Natsu said at the same time.

"Come on, think it through." Natsu said. "Wherever Gon is, is obviously where the SIA base is. We need to forget about that town place!"

"I hate to admit it Natsu, but that actually makes sense." Happy chimed in.

Kurapika shook his head. "The Archive doesn't lie. If anything, the SIA is trying to lure us to a decoy, to take us out. They've made the first move."

He looked at Killua. "But that also means that Gon will be unharmed. We can't fall for their trick. So..."

Kurapika quickly thought. He looked at Natsu. "You are the one who can track his scent, right? Then you go to the other base to rescue Gon."

"That's not a bad plan." Lucy said. "I'll go with Natsu."

"No." Natsu said. "They're trying to lure us there to take us out. However..." He grinned and held up his fist. "I can probably take them! It's a one person job, so there's no need to bring more people!"

"Remember, the goal is not to fight them, it's to bring Gon back." Erza said.

Killua sighed. "Okay... fine!" He looked at Natsu. "I don't know how good you are, but you better be able to do this."

Natsu only gave him a thumbs up. "Mark my words kiddo, I'll bringing Gon back safe and sound!"

Killua picked up his backpack. "Okay then. I'm already late so I'm going now" He rushed out of the guild hall.