➳ Battle ➳

Chapter Two

THEA had managed to get Lincoln back to one of her hideouts, just at the boarder of Trikru territory. There was no doubt in her mind that Lincoln would be seen as an enemy towards many back in TonDC, blamed for the SkaiKru's actions at the meeting. Thea doesn't believe that, in fact Thea blames her people for provoking the Sky people, or more specifically Anya. SkaiKru wouldn't have initiated an attack if Anya hadn't of been so hostile towards them. Thea has already forgiven the Sky people for their actions, a few of her people died but that was of Anya's fault, and Thea is determined to make her realise that.

Marching back into the village she was greeted by Nyko immediately, trying to direct her towards his medical hut but to no avail as Thea merely refused all treatment by striding towards Anya's hut. Fury blazing in her irises as she got closer to the woman's home, she could already feel an argument rising within her.

Without knocking Thea barged in through the wooden door. "Yu tromp op." (You lied.) Thea growled out finding Anya sat at her wooden table, multiple pieces of parchment littered on top of it, the scrawl of Anya's writing bold in ink. Anya didn't look up from her letter, ignoring the girl.

"Your emotions are controlling you." She states in a neutral tone, angering Thea more.

"And your emotions are clouding your judgment." Thea snaps back, irking Anya who raises her head at the nineteen year old to find her bow drawn and arrow aimed at her head. Anya expected to see hesitation in the girls eyes but found nothing but determination and betrayal in them.

"You dare draw your weapon on me?! Your leader." The older warrior snarled, standing from the table and taking a strong stance, charging a few daring steps towards Thea.

"Are you my leader?" Thea questioned rhetorically. "Because the leader I follow wouldn't of jeopardised a possible ceasefire. The leader I know wouldn't let her grief and anger control her." Thea saw Anya's jaw twitch and clench in barely controlled fury.

"Aren't you being slightly hypocritical? You march in here, drawing a weapon on me because of your anger." Anya fiercely deflected all suspected weaknesses Thea had just raised by directing the attention onto the younger warrior.

Thea chuckled humourlessly, ever so slightly gripping her bow tighter in her grasp. "You think this is from anger?" She questioned Anya, the woman staying silent at the question. "No...No, this," she gestured the bow towards Anya who tenses as Thea slackened the string that was connected to the arrow. "This is from betrayal. Your betrayal Anya." Her words came out as an angry whisper, the small glint in her eyes indicating tears.