~Run Wild, Run Free~

'Today's the day' The young calico colored she-cat thought as she rose from her resting place. She stretched, claws flexing out getting slightly caught in her bedding. She then headed towards the back door. Her green eyes scanned the back yard, she was ready this would be a final goodbye to her house folk. Alari had heard stories of the cats in the forest.

They had always piqued her interest. She could only imagine, being able to wander and explore. No rules she'd have to follow, no more hard, dry food. The stray's in her area had told her many things. They didn't hesitate to warn her of the forest dangers either. It was mostly an attempt to scare her away from the forest, but the she-cat didn't care.

Alari limped out into the yard, "Finally going through with it Alari?" A toms voice was heard from atop the fence. "Well hello to you to Milo," she purred, "and yes I am." Milo let out a sigh "are you sure this is a good idea?" he asked. "I know what I'm doing, I'll be just fine."

"You can barely walk and think you'll last in the wild?" Milo questioned, jumping down from the fence and into the yard. "you'll be there with me, " Alari responded. "I know love, But I won't be able to protect you all the time" He meowed in a worried tone. "Milo I'll be fine, I'm tired of being stuck here like this."

"Alright, alright. Let's get this off then we can get going" Milo said, referring to Alari's collar. She nodded and lowered her head so he could reach the collar. He leaned down and bit onto her collar, he pulled at it trying his best not to hurt her. A somewhat loud snap was heard moments later, the now broken collar laid on the ground. Freeing her from her kittypet title.

Alari lifted her head, looking at the collar. Happiness radiating from her. Milo let out a chuckle at his mate's reaction. "come on let's get going before the twolegs notice" he said, turning and jumping back up onto the fence. She looked back at the house for a moment before attempting to jump up onto the fence, which proved to be a struggle due to her missing leg. It took a few tries but she eventually got herself up onto it.

"There's a light at the end of the darkness, the last step is always the hardest."

Milo jumped down onto the other side, right at the edge of the forest. 'there's no going back now' she thought jumping down to stand beside Milo. "You ready?" He asked looking over at her. Alari nodded, he gave her a reassuring smile then headed into the forest. She followed at his side, glancing around the area and taking in the new scents.

"But we fight it, and we push against the world that's caving in."

The two padded along a narrow trail, nothing else had been said. It was silent but a peaceful kind of silence. Alari was still taking everything in, all of this was amazing to her. She'd never the two-leg place In her life. She smiled as she walked. Milo looked at her, his gaze was soft. He knew how much she had wanted this though he still worried for her safety.

"It's not power that makes you the strongest."

"Come on, This way, " He said leading her out to a small uphill clearing. Alari looked in shock, the sky looked beautiful and the light laid perfectly on the grass. "go on" he said, Alari walked ahead admiring the view.

"Run wild, Run free. The sky's beneath our feet"

She stopped at the top of the hill, lifting her head slightly as the wind blew. Alari smiled when Milo walked up beside her. They both sat down, watching as the sun slowly set. He wrapped his tail around her. She looked up at him then licked his cheek. She had him, they were free together. There was nothing else she could ask for.

"Run wild, Run free. Oh hi, oh we were meant to be"