Chapter 2

Carter's POV-

TRIIING! My alarm clock rang from the other side of the room and I groaned and stood up. But I slipped on my skateboard and fell on my butt. I pushed my skateboard underneath my bed and stood up again. I pressed the snooze button on my alarm and made my way to the bathroom.

I washed my face and brushed my teeth. I turned the shower on leaving it to become hot and went to my closet to pick out the outfit of the day. I grabbed a pair of black leggings and a hoodie that said, 'oh yes'. I put the outfit on my bed and walked back into the washroom. I stepped into the shower and scrubbed my body.

Once I was done, I dried myself well and wrapped the towel around me. I stepped out of the bathroom and pulled my clothes on. I pulled my hair into a high ponytail and walked downstairs. "Hello family!" I said as I walked down the stairs. My parents and brother waved. Cody said hi and went back to eating his cereal. I sat down on the countertop and stuck my tongue out at my mom. She gave me the 'mom look' and I scrambled off the countertop and sat on the chair. Why do I even try sitting there? Cos you're dumb like that. You are me so your dumb too then. Am not. Are too. Whatever. Haha! I win. No. yes. No. food!

I stopped arguing with my inside voice and ate the waffles my mom had placed in front of me. once I had finished eating, I put the plate in the dishwasher and pulled my Vans converse on and slung my backpack over my shoulder. I felt like I was forgetting something. "Am I forgetting something?" I asked Mason. He handed me my football duffel. "Oops. Thanks, Mase."

I opened my duffel up and checked whether everything was inside. Once that tedious process was over, I slung my duffel over the shoulder and walked to Mason's car with Cody.

"We're picking Chase, up right?" I asked. Cody nodded and said "Yep." We talked about the tryouts for the football team. We reached Chase's house and I saw him standing in his driveway with his football duffel and backpack. "Hey Carter!" he said as he entered the car and hugged me. "Hey Chase." I replied. "And we don't exist." Cody said jokingly as, Mason started the car. "Hi guys. Ya'll ready for the tryouts today." We nodded.

We played 'what would you rather?' until we reached school. I picked both of my bags up and the four of us walked into the school. The four had our lockers right next to each other which was a big plus. We put our duffels into our lockers and dumped a few books into our lockers, when suddenly the crowd in the halls parted. I groaned knowing what was coming.

"Dude, chill." Chase said slinging his arm over my shoulder. Zach, Ryder and Robin also known as 'The Golden Boys' of the school practically ruled the school and had everyone dropping at their feet except Mason, Cody, Chase and me. we hated their guts and they hated ours. "Thinking about trying out for football, are we?" Zach mocked. My football duffel literally had a  picture of a football. "Yes. Got a problem? Are you scared of getting beat by a girl?" I retort.

"Hah! You beat us?" Ryder scoffed. "didn't you hear me the first time?" I asked. With that I slammed my locker and the four of us walked away. "Amazing." Chase cheered. We high-fived and walked to our homeroom.