Chapter 5

That's Coach Ezra Tanner. Hope you guys like this chapter! stay safe! 

********

Mason's POV-

I heard my sister exclaim "You've got to be kidding me." as she opened the door. I went to check who was at the door. I saw Ezra with Zach. "Is he your nephew?" Carter asked wrinkling her nose. "Yeah. I wanted it to be a surprise because Zach told me you guys were friends." Ezra smiled. Carter glared at Zach and started "We're no-" before I cut her off and decided to be nice. "Yeah. We're friends. Come in." I opened the door a bit more widely.

Zach smirked and entered with Ezra. Carter gritted her teeth and turned and asked me in a hushed voice "Why would you do that?" I closed the door and replied "Ezra is the only way we get to go to FSU. His recommendation remember?" her eyes widened as I reminded her of this. We could get into other universities too, but FSU was our dream. "Fine. You're right. But I'm only tolerating him for tonight. Tomorrow it goes back to normal." She told me.

I shrugged and said "Sure, now let's get some food!" she smiled, and we walked into the dining room where mom was giving out the food. "Ah! Mason, Carter here you are. Come on." She waved us over to the table. we walked over and sat next to each other as usual. The adults talked politics as Carter and Zach had a stare-off. "Wow Ms. William! Your cooking is really nice!" Zach exclaimed. Suck up. "Thanks, dear. And call me Carla." Mom smiled her eyes lighting up.

Zach nodded and continued eating his food. Soon, we finished eating and dad said "Kids go up to one of the rooms. Us adults will be watching something down here." We nodded and made our way upstairs. "My room is off limits. I'm not letting him in there." Carter said glaring at Zach. I rolled my eyes and said, "We can go to the game room." He shrugged and we walked down to the basement where the game room was.

"I'm playing COD." Carter said and switched our PS4 on. "I'm playing too. And I'm gonna beat you." Zach said. Carter laughed and said "Please. I can beat you anytime." "I agree. No one can beat her at COD." I warned Zach. He smirked and said "well, I can." And they started playing.

I think we all know who won.

"Haha. I told you. In you face!" Carter shouted doing her victory dance. Zach buried his face in his hands in shame as I grinned and told him "I told you so." "Zach! We have to leave son." Ezra called from downstairs. "Coming!" Zach shouted back. "You got skills Carter." Zach said and walked downstairs after keeping his remote down. Our eyes widened.

Did Zach just compliment her! Wow! Who was he and what did he do with Zach!

We ran downstairs to see mom, dad and Ezra exchanging their goodbyes. Zach gave us a two-fingered mock salute and we smiled at him. Mom closed the door and said "Ok. Time for bed kids. You guys have school tomorrow." Carter and I nodded and gave mom and dad a hug and went up to our rooms.

"Night bro." Carter said. "Night baby sis." I replied.