Chapter 6

''Milkshake!'' The three of us exclaimed in unison when we came across our favourite childhood restaurant, while returning home after two hours of heavy grocery shopping.

Hillary had ditched the shopping with us when her bestfriend, Courtney, called her for a summer project; part of my mind said, she excused herself on purpose to allow me some free space. Hence, here we were with two baskets, full of vegetables, one bag with Gulf and One bag with I.

''It seriously hasn't change even slightly huh?'' said Alexis while walking into the restaurant which was owned by Mrs. Margaret, our favorite shopkeeper in the entire town.

Every day after school, the three of us would come running to her shop for milk shake, shouting, "Aunt Mag"; it was what we used to call her in short.

''Does Aunt Mag still owns this?'' Alexis asked and before any of us could answer, there she was, sitting in the counter, eyeing at us curiously. She indeed look old but still healthy.

Alexis and Gulf followed me which grabbed Aunt Mag's attention as well as the few customers she had.

Aunt Mag then smiled at us and suddenly exclaimed Alexis name. Perhaps, she recognized her, at last. Without any anticipation, a very warm greeting was exchanged between Alexis and Aunt Mag as though they were really close. It made me really happy. Maybe, it was because of Alexis' genuine smile smuttered across her face or the feeling of watching her genuinely being loved by someone else other than her parents, Gulf and I.

''After you left, only Gulf visited this shop. It has been years since Mew stopped coming here completely'' Aunt Mag quickly narrated to Alexis while messing up Gulf's hair gently, who was standing beside her.

"That's not true, Aunt Mag. " I protested weakly although she was telling the truth. Unlike the old days, I stopped visiting her store because I stopped liking chocolates. The three of us have liked Aunt Mag's Store because she used to give us extra chocolate but as I grew older, not only did I lost apetite for chocolates but I turned quite dull and boring.

"Looks like I'm not the one who's being an asshole, Mew" Slyly Gulf mumbled smirking at me.

''So, what do you want to order now?'' Aunt Mag asked fixing her eyes at me.
''It has been a while since you last came here, why don't you place the order today.'' she continued

"The plan was to have Milkshake, but let's see"

''Alright, grab a seat, I'll sent Stella to the table.''

We then occupied the empty table in the back where the three of us used to sit all the time. Gulf and I sat next to each other while Alexis sat facing the two of us.

''This feels like old time.'' said Alexis taking a long sigh, as if she was finally getting relaxed.

''Yeah it does.''

''So, what are we caving in apart from the milkshake?'' Gulf chimed in scrolling his eyes over the menu.

''Milkshake is good enough.'' I said.

''Seriously?''

''What, why are you freaking out?''

'Have you even checked the Menu yet?'' asked Gulf acting as if he was strangely taken aback.

''Why? Is there a problem?'' Curiously, Alexis took the menu from him and as she rolled her eyes across the menu, Gulf added meekly, "It's just we have chicken with Mushroom.'' It was his favorite food to eat ever since I could remember.

''Well, you can go for it'' Alexis said, ''But I wanna go for Milkshake. I've missed it. Also, I wanna know if it really tastes good or I use to like it only because we were young"