III.iv Vmin

After they did their best to clean the mess they made in the dance room, the two made their way to the showers. Jimin was so thankful that he had extra clothes for after he finished dancing — though he ended up needing them for an entirely different reason. 

It had been amazing. He had never felt so much pleasure in his life, it was unimaginable. He couldn't stop smiling to himself, even as he cleaned himself off under the steaming hot water. And when he got out of the shower, dressed in his clean clothes, his smile grew even wider as he back-hugged a wet-haired Taehyung who was waiting on a bench in the communal bathroom, scrolling through his phone. 

Taehyung stood up and turned around to pinch Jimin's puffy cheeks. "Hey, cutie. You ready to go?" he asked in that deep, handsome voice of his. 

"Where are we going?" Jimin inquired, hoping that Taehyung wasn't just planning to go home and leave him after that. You could say he was feeling a little extra clingy at the moment. 

"We could get some dinner. I know a good black bean noodle place nearby," Taehyung suggested with a fond smile, taking Jimin's hand, rekindling those marvellous sparks, and leading him out into the hallway. 

Jimin hummed happily, letting the warmth of Taehyung's touch filter through him. 

"Hey um, I'm sorry I kinda wasted our session, by the way. I managed to get a few good pictures, but..." Taehyung apologised, blushing faintly as they walked down an empty hall to the elevators.

"I don't think it was wasted at all," Jimin assured, smiling shyly, even as he swung their hands between them. 

Taehyung laughed a hearty chuckle, his awkwardness melting away. The couple drifted into a conversation about their favourite foods, talking animatedly as if the day's events were as normal as a jaw-dropping sunset: beautiful, exciting, metamorphic, but even so, miraculously natural. 

Time passed hastily by the boys like the pedestrians bustling down the sidewalk, and before they knew it, they were sitting down in a small black bean noodle shop. The warm, toasty aroma of jajangmyeon wrapped the two together in a comfortable embrace. Jimin had never felt so at home away from his parents, and it felt so good to soak in Taehyung's attention. He was Jimin's soulmate, and Jimin was his. He smiled at the thought. 

"What's on your mind?" Taehyung asked softly, admiring Jimin's charming upturned lips.

"Taehyung, it might be too early for this, but I don't care. I think I love you."

Taehyung broke out into a huge smile that overtook all of his features. "I love you too, Jiminie. Even if we've only known each other for- Woah, we've only met two times before today?!" Taehyung cut himself off, blushing as shock crossed over his face, making Jimin giggle. "Well, even if we've only met three times, I feel like I've known you my whole life," Taehyung confessed. 

"I guess that's the soulmate bond at work," Jimin beamed. "I've felt happier in the past week than I have in my entire life — and I have had a pretty good life. I swear, I'd be in heaven if we could just talk forever," Jimin said wistfully, eyes twinkling. "I love you."

"I love you. I love you so much," Taehyung replied, hugging Jimin by the side. 

He then pulled back, smiling big as he took hold of Jimin's hand.

"Oh. Jimin, you've got something here," Taehyung paused, pointing to the corner of his own mouth. 

"You're not going to get it for me?" Jimin pouted. 

"Yah! This isn't some cringy Kdrama," Taehyung laughed. 

"Hey! Some Kdramas are really good," Jimin defended, wiping his own mouth.