Chapter 11

Michael 

I cautiously knock on his door. There's a low grumble before he tells me to go away. 

"Come on, I need to tell you something!" 

The door opens and he glares at me.

"Stay away from both of them." I spit. 

He clicks his tongue on the roof of his mouth, smirking at me. "Too bad you know I'm the leader, and I shall do what I desire."

He snickered evilly before slamming the door in my face.

Charlotte 

Bzzz. Bzzz. 

I woke up with a startle, jolting straight up from my bed.

How long did I sleep?

My phone was the one that had buzzed, waking me from my dreams.

When I glanced over to look at it, it said, "Get ready soon." from Luke.

I had been so busy frowning at the demanding tone, and hadn't realized that I never got Luke's number.

How the hell?

My head was throbbing, and it felt like I had been drunk a few hours ago. However, I don't drink, at least not excessively, and haven't drank for months.

I grimaced, walking to the bathroom. I literally only had half an hour to get ready. Usually, half an hour wasn't too bad, but I looked like hell and I felt like hell.

I groggily grabbed random pieces from my closet, and it happened to be a white lace dress. 

Yeah sure why not?

I pulled it on and washed my face quickly, before drying off and reapplying my simple makeup.

The makeup didn't help, considering I still looked hungover.

I guess my sleep patterns have been pretty erratic, and there was that one night I barely slept at all, since the thought of Luke kept me up.

As I tried to figure out how to fix my face, I couldn't stop thinking about how I had broken the promise to Michael and Ashton.

Well, technically I hadn't broken it yet, but I was still getting ready and I was still going on a date with Luke.

But this was an opportunity to find out more about him.

If there was such an easy chance waving in front of my face to figure him out, hell, I wasn't going to skip out on it.

But Michael and Ashton had warned me several times.

I'd worry them to death and they might lose trust with me, and they're my best friends right now.

Jenna wasn't an option, because she couldn't possibly know and understand what's going on. 

Screw it. 

My curiosity always got the best of me in the end.

I was going to go on that date with Luke, and figure out everything I've ever needed to know about him.

*

 "You look nice." Luke says.

"Thanks," I say, surprised.

The breeze hit my face, and the air was cooling down.

Thank goodness I brought a jacket. 

"So. You were being serious." I say nonchalantly.