II

Hiya, funny pic of Luke on the side (media tab for mobiles) ! I still don't get over it hahaha
Hope you enjoy :)

**********

Chapter 2.

Danielle's POV

I wake up to the sound of my alarm clock going off. 6:30.

Time to school. See him. Get up.

I force myself to wake up completely and go directly toward my bathroom.

I put on high-waisted jeans, a Ramones crop top and some vans before heading downstairs with my backpack and a bag with materials. Glue, scissors, glitter, construction paper, foam paper and other stuff for a bulletin board.

"Mom?" I scan the kitchen, living room and porch. Nothing.

It's getting late for school and she's usually here waiting for me to leave. I start toward her bedroom, jogging the stairs upward.

I throw open her door and there she is. Fast asleep with papers all over her bed and a pen in her hand. She's a workaholic, that's always been clear for me.

I walk toward her and shake her a little. She moves lightly but no answer.

"Mom," I shake her harder this time and her eyes finally open.

"Oh God," she mutters, sitting up and grabbing all the papers. I let out a slight giggle though I know this ain't funny. I keep telling her I can maintain both of us but she refuses to stop working. I had a job in Missouri but she made me quit because she wouldn't take the money I was giving her.

"You better leave." I say, pulling my backpack closer to me.

"Yeah, you too." she rubs her head and pulls her messy hair in a bun.

"Yeah, bye."

I can't even talk to her to much. We only talk in the mornings since she leaves right after I do and comes until 1 am most of the time. Being a nurse is quite difficult. And a doctor's assistant is worse. Two things at a time are exhausting and with a doctor as arrogant as my mom's boss is double exhaustion.

I arrive at the bus stop and lean over the stop sign. Seconds later, he appears. A dark figure leans over the other side of the stop sign, almost as casually as I did.

Five minutes of silence and awkwardness go away until the bus finally stops in front of us. He glances at me slightly, a small curve on his lips and he motions me to go in first. I stay in shock.

"I - uh, thanks." And as the words slip from my mouth, he runs inside first, his face expressionless. I just stay there, my cheeks reddened, until the bus man looks at me questioningly. I walk to my usual seat with Ron, behind Michael and Calum.

"Hey guys," I smile at them. It's been two weeks since I met them and I feel like I've known them since forever.

They smile back and I glance at the back seats of the bus. He looks down at his phone and then glances back at me. He chuckles and shakes his head. My cheeks are hot and I feel like junk. I need to get my pants on and talk to him. I need to stop looking at him all the time, at his tall and dark figure, at his perfect, piercing blue eyes, at his cute smile, at his pierced lip, at his soft blonde hair. I just need him.

"You need to stop looking at him that much." Ron smiles. My cheeks heat up a bit.

"Yeah."

~

My favorite teacher at the time is the Arts one. She understands me in the way no one has ever done. In the art sense, obviously.

I smile at her as I enter the class. I take a seat beside Lisa and wait for the students missing to seat. Carter sits down and Mrs. Avery clears her throat.