Chapter 1

Chapter 1

I rubbed my eyes before blinking them open to reveal a spotted windshield and a steering wheel.

"What the hell?" I mumbled before reaching up to touch my throat in shock.

Looking around the inside of the car, I bit my lip and slid across the bench seat. I recognize this car.

I climbed out of the passenger side, letting the door slam, and circled around the black car. Same headlights, same hood, same trunk, same wheels. Coming to a stop back at the hood of the car, I placed my hands on my hips and sighed.

"You have to help Sam and Dean," a voice whispered in my mind, "save them."

Sam and Dean. Sam and Dean Winchester, John's sons. How am I supposed to help them now?

For the first time, I glanced around to see where I was. Some gas station in the middle of nowhere, great. I hopped up on the hood of the old Chevy and folded my legs under me, putting my thoughts in order because if I know Sam and Dean -and I do- I'll need them that way.

Almost like clockwork, two boys -okay, men- were striding over to the car under me. Well Dean doesn't look very happy.

"What the hell are you doing sitting on my car?" He yelled, coming to a stop directly in front of me with Sam just behind him. I couldn't stop myself from laughing at just how furious he was.

"What- why are you laughing?"

"You always had such a temper but it's definitely gotten worse over time," I hopped off of the hood and frowned at the immediate height difference, "Jesus, Sam you've gotten fucking tall."

"Wait, you know us?" Sam spoke up for the first time.

"Probably better than anyone else, Sammy."

"Only I get to call him Sammy," Dean instantly cut in, causing me to laugh again.

"Boy, I've been calling him Sammy since before you even knew what his name was and I'm not stopping now just because you can hear me."

"Before I knew what his name was? There's no way in hell you're even 25 years old so how the-"

"Will you please just explain? Why haven't we met you before if you know so much about us? What's your name?" Sam placed a hand on Dean's shoulder to stop whatever words were coming next and I smiled at the fact that nothing had changed between those two.

"My name? I don't have a name."

"You don't remember your name?"

"No, listening ears Sammy. I don't have one. Dean just decided to call me 'Baby'."

"Oh you and him like hoo-,"

"NO! The car, Sam! The Impala, I'm the Impala," I jumped to cut Sam off. They only blinked at me.

"You're telling us that you're my car... come to life?" I nodded and Dean shook his head, "My car is sitting right there!"

"It won't run," I shrugged and leaned against the hood while Dean's eyes turned panicked.

"Excuse me? No, no," he jumped into the dead car and hastily pushed the keys into the ignition, turning them in vain. As expected, nothing happened. The Impala was reduced to nothing but an empty shell. "What. The. Hell did you do to my car!?" Dean shouted, followed by a slamming door.

"I didn't do anything! I told you, I'm the Impala," I folded my arms across my chest and straightened up, looking up to glare back at Dean. Next thing I know, Sam's squirting me with holy water, dumping salt on my head and slicing a shallow cut into my forearm with a silver knife.