Chapter 9

"I should have never left the room. Maybe she'd still be alive, if I didn't." I sniffle and he sighs.

"Have dinner and watch some football with us, hm?" I nod against his shoulder and he opens the microwave, and I take a fork out of the drawer behind me.

I plop down on the couch next to Cole and eat in silence while I listen to the conversation from Dad and Tucker.

They're talking about Jamie, so it seems like Tucker finally had the balls to tell Dad. Usually, Dad finds out about Tucker's girls, after he dumped them. When he was sixteen, he had his first real girlfriend for almost a year, but he broke up with her right after one of the cheerleaders talked to him after a football game.

Her name was Helen. She was a little nerd and I liked her. But after he broke up with her, she had a mental breakdown and her Dad appeared with her at our house and was yelling at Tucker. I still just can shake my head about how childish that was. He should be lucky that Tuck didn't cheat on his daughter and was honest to her that he didn't loved her anymore as much as he did in the beginning.

Well, long story short, my brother is a Player. He never has anything serious with a girl and if it is something a little more serious it lasts about four months and he breaks her heart again. But with Jamie, it seems different. What I know is that him and Jamie are a thing for at least two months already. I've seen them on several Instagram stories together, but I have no clue for how long they are dating. It could be four months or maybe six. He's really good at hiding a girl.

I shove a fork full noodles in my mouth and smile when Tucker winks at me.

"So, how long are you two dating already?" I hear Dad ask and my attention turns from the TV back to them.

"Almost eight months."

I choke on the noodles and my eyes widen. "Are you okay?" Cole asks and I nod, taking the glass of water he's handing me and take a big sip.

Dad looks at me and Tucker grins. Asshole. "Eight months? How?" I cough and he shrugs. "You need to pay more attention to what's happening around you." My brother says calmly and I feel Cole's eyes on me. Dad's mouth stands open and I start laughing.

"See, you not only shocked me!"

"Eight months?" he asks in disbelief and now Tucker's laughing too.

"When do we get to meet her?"

Tucker glares at me and I give him a mischievous grin.

I hear Cole chuckle and Tucker and I both give him a warning glare. "Sorry, I just love these sibling goals between the two of you."

I roll my eyes and grin in amusement when I meet Tucker's eyes again.

"What about this weekend? Only if she has nothing against it of course." Dad suggests and my grin widens. Haha, payback, bitch!

Tucker nods. Wait, he nods? He nods?!

"I'll ask her." I look over to Dad and he shrugs at me. I huff and finish my noodles. Tucker's able to annoy me with the slightest shit and he just plays along? That's not how it's supposed to work! 

I check the time. Eleven. I drink the rest of my water and get up, grabbing both, the bowl and my glass and make my way to the kitchen.

Before I head back upstairs, I stop at the living room again and wish everyone a good night.

I stop at the bathroom to brush my teeth and make a mental note to buy hair color to refresh my pink hair this week.

In my room, I turn on my fairy lights and grab one of the t-shirts from the pile on my bed. Throwing my clothes into the direction of my hamper and pull the shirt I just grabbed over my head. I exhale in satisfaction at the freedom of my boobs. My black lace bra landed over the armrest of my chair at my desk and I grin at myself in the mirror.