Journal Entry 1 - Kick Off

The sound of a cheap plastic toy horn blared against my ears, I continued to stare off into the distance

The sound of a cheap plastic toy horn blared against my ears, I continued to stare off into the distance. Drumming sounds reverberated throughout the complex as the hoots and cheers of students became louder and unrelenting.

Beside me, my best friend Andy waved a long blue balloon in the air with the crowd. The Complex's seating arrangements were cramped, and we barely squeezed in. Andy sat back down and sighed, she looked at her phone in my hands. "I thought I didn't have any mobile data?"

"Thank God you do," I said as I pointlessly scrolled through Youtube. I'm all for team spirit, but I've done my fair share of shouting and screaming support for our team's candidates. I didn't have any mobile games on my phone either, so i'm using Andy's to pass time. 

One of the emcee, wearing a pink shirt like the rest of the organizers but with bleached hair in a pixie cut, spoke through the mic for the crowd to settle as winners for the Mr. and Ms. Sports Fair 2017 was being decided.

I shifted my head to see Contestant Number Eight again. He's had my attention for a while now and I was tempted to ask Andy about it. He could be from the other campus, or doesn't go out to school events that much because I've never seen him before. Whereas we always have to, it sets up extracurricular points and whatnot, plus I could always eat out after.

"Andy," I pointed at Number Eight, who's side profile was all we could see out here the third row of the grandstand.He wore a shirt with his team color, aquamarine. "Who's that guy?"

She looked at me incredulously but her eyes searched the one I was pointing at until it landed on the guy standing at the far end of the stage. His stance was light but confident. He had moped curls and light brown skin, standing an inch shorter than her very tall 12th grade partner, Jasmine Ross.

"No idea." She clicked her tongue as if something dawned to her. "You like him."

"I like his face." We both laugh.

You'd have thought it was the beginning of a young adult romance novel; a girl suddenly found a handsome boy among the sea of people. Her eyes were attracted at him like magnets. And slowly, she heard the noises becoming muffled, all was silent as her heart stopped . . . the world stopped when his eyes landed on hers and -

Too bad there was a throng of random people walking who seem to like butting in potential love stories and blocked his view.

"No, no. No way, no," I hissed at Andy as we stood on the doorway of our classroom; a doorway without a door. So much for being called an 'international' school, Herman International School. You can't even get doors installed.

"Come on, Mar. Just pretend you accidentally sent it then strike up a conversation afterwards." She offered.

"No, do you realize how stupid that sounds?"

"Pfft. People do it all the time, it's proven and tested." We fell into step as our feet led us to the canteen. "Just say hi to Li Shang and it'll all go smoothly from there."

"But I don't want to," I dragged. She made a face at me and we went in line the monstrous horde of hungry elementary kids.

Someway, somehow, we found out that contestant guy's name. He was from the main campus, like what I suspected and was a grade older than us. Now, Andy is making me chat him up on Facebook with a fool proof plan. It sounded anything but a smooth move; it was a cliché tricks in the books.

"Fine, I'll do it myself." My eyes widened and I almost didn't hear what Andy said over the ruckus.

"No you don't -"

14 Mar 2017 at 21:35

Andy Yvonne

Hey Now Get 1000 Likes 😚 Visit => Holalikes (Search Google)

Here we go again I'm so sorry my account has a virus. I'm really sorry. Thank u ☺

I think it was because I followed your account, you might have caught on
the virus

Li Shang
Haha it's ok 😅

Andy Yvonne
Hehe thank u for understanding ☺ btw I have a friend who has a crush on you but she's super shy that's why she's such a hopeless romantic on you Also I'm from a different campus

Li Shang
Haha who? 😂

SEEN

And that, ladies and gentlemen, was the murder mystery of Andy Yvvone. 

Anyway, hello internet!

Let's hide my actual identity with the name: Marie. I like that name. What you just witnessed there was one of many not-so epic but a fail nonetheless attempts at finding a romantic relationship.

Join me as I relive through my so-so journey of being in the friend zone, recorded in this online journal. . . expect random rants along the way too.

Geronimo!