Chapter 1: It Was Normal

"Ahh" I smile looking out the glassless window, "what a beautiful morning, dont you think Shasta?" I look at the raggedy doll I made with straw, and some old clothes when I was younger, "I bet today is going to be wonderfull!"

I pick up Shasta and start spinning around with her giggling. Shasta was my only family. There is no other servants here, just me. Im fine tho, the mannar may have been hard to take care of when I was 8 alone, but now at 15 I can tack care of it without a problem.

"Well Shasta I better get ready," I set her down on my bed and went over to a changing corner.

I slipped on my only other dress, it was a simple orange dress with vertical green stripes. I tied my tangled blond hair into two messy braids that I tied off with two small strips of leather lace. I tied on a brown headband that I had decorated with flowers and such. I finally slip on a pair of brown flats, they have holes in them but im sure i can still wear them for a couple months before I have to repair them. Then I make my bed and walk out the door leading to a long walk to the main manor.

It was still dark outside but I am used to it, after all I have been doing it for about 7 years now. Ever sense I was orphaned years ago the people here have taken me in, they really are so kind. I work for room and board, as well as food, they really are so kind.

"Hmm even at night this walk is so pretty, but so very cold," thats when I remebered I forgot my clook, wow how smart of me.

I ran back to my shabby little house and grabbed it slipping it on, putting the hood on. It could cover up my ruby red eyes if i wanted to.

"Bye Shasta, im sure i got everything now," I smile and wave to her.

I skipped down the road now, to make up for the lost time. I skipped the path with my eyes closed, after all I knew it better than the back of my hand. The flowers smell so good this morning. The sun was starting to rise now and the dew on the leave and flowers just added to the scenery. Its always so pretty here. The leaves on the trees where beautiful colors of orange reds and browns, fall is really my faverite, im lucky the some of the flowers are still in bloom. I giggled again, im so lucky.

When I reached the house the morning sun shown kindly on me. I enter threw the servants entrance and hang my cloak on the rusty hanger.

"Well time to start work."

After a few hours theres a loud knock on the door. Walking to it I brush some of the dust off my clothes and open the entrance wide with a kind smile on my face. There was a man down at the door, he held this poster of importance. His clothes were top grade not a tear anywhere. He had a little bit of a beard, nothing major. His chiseled face looked to have strong lips, his eyes were a hypnotizing blue. His hair was brown hair was cut short but some bang strands still coverd some of his eyes. He was really cute.

"Hello how may we help you," I smiled and certsey in respect.

"The prince has disappeared again, we would like to inform the leader of the household, if you see him, please contact us," wait was this handsom man one of the royal guards?

"My Master are having their morning tea at the moment, I will imform as soon as I can," I smiled and tryed to keep my nerves down, "would you like to come in? I shall prepare some tea for you."

"No thats not needed, I have many places to search," thank god, im so nerves i'd probably drop the tea cup.

*******Afternoon****

I was exhausted, I finished work early and the masters insted i'd go home and take the day off tomorrow cause I looked pale. They really are to kind, what am sopposed to do with myself, I've never taken a day off before. Gosh and all that about the prince going missing again. I had heard he runs off a lot but I never thought he would ever be in this part of the country. Gosh today was soppoesed to be normal why did it have to become all weird.