6

"Havana!?" I hear Kayla shout.
I hear the pounding on the stairs as she runs up them. She makes her way to my room.

    "In here Kay!" I yell from my room.

    I see her rush into my room. She walks up to me and grabs my face in her hands, searching.  She sees a bruise and I watch her face turn from worried, to horror.

   "Who the hell did this to you?!" She yells, making me flinch.

  "M-my dad..." I say, a tear rolling down my face.

  I go to stand up and groan, sitting back down. Kayla looks confused. 

"Lift your shirt." She says.

I hesitate, but pull up my shirt, showing the cut that began from the bottem of my stomach to just below my chest.

  Kayla gasps, tears in her eyes.

"Vanna, you have to leave. Move in with me. Please?" She asks desperately.

"Okay.." I agree.

"I'll need some help walking. I've already packed my bags. They are in the corner behind the door. " I add.

"Okay, let's go Vanna." She says, Still clearly upset.

She grabs my hand and helps me stand up, then picks me up bridal style and Carrie's me out of my room, down the stairs, Through the living room, and out the front door. Once we are outside,  she takes me to her car and sets me down in the front seat carefully.

  "I'm gonna go get your stuff, I'll be right back." She says, turning and running back into my house. I put on my seat belt, which hurt but at that moment I didn't care. All I cared about was leaving.