8

"Sweetie what happened?!" She says, rushing over to me. She had always been like a mom to be especially after my mom passed.

    "W-well my dad caught me skipping  and 'disrespecting a teacher ' " I reply, Flinching at the subject of my father.

    Mrs. Laser frowns and picks me up, carrying me to a room a couple rooms down. She has me sit on the bed so she can fix me up. She grabs some Wrap and after a few more objects, she makes her way over to me. She takes a little bit of rubbing Alcohol and drips it on a cotton ball.  She dabs it on my stomach, going through countless Cotten Balls.

   "This may hurt. " She says, still focused on my cut.

   I nod and bite onto a cloth she had givin me.

   She takes some cream and spreads it on my wound, Stinging a little. She begins rubbing it in and I Stiffen up. It hurt but I knew it was necessary. Once she was done she wraps it and steps back.  Her eyes flicker to my wrist and I know she notices my wrap on it. She looks Confused for a minute then Realization hits her. I watch as her eyes fill with tears, Concern and Still a little bit of confusion.

    "Take them off." She says, looking me in the eye.

     I freeze, not knowing what to do. Eventually I grimace, and Start unwrapping the wrap on my arm.

     Once it was fully off, I watch her as her face Changes from pain, to anger, to concern. But somehow I know the anger wasn't Directed towards me.

    It seems to finally hit her and she gasps, the tears now rolling.

   She walks over, filling the space between us. She carefully grabs my arm inspecting it. She notices all of the previous scars as well. She carefully wraps my arm up again and holds out her hand.  Confused,  I take it and stand up, my Wound feeling a little better.

   "Where are we going?" I ask as she grabs her purse,  and keys.

   "Somewhere." She answers, looking strangely Determined. 

  "KAYLA!" She yells, stopping at the front door.

  "Yeah mom?" I hear from the living room. 

  "Get in the car!" Mrs. Laser says. Opening the door and half walking, half driving me out of it.

   "Mrs. Laser I-" I start, and she cuts me off.

   "Listen. What I'm about to have you do may hurt a little. Not physically but Mentally.  But I need you to stay strong and do it. I will be with you the whole time." She says, looking at me, tears in her eyes once again.

    "I- Okay" I agree, both Confused and Scared now.

    We get in her car, Kayla in the back.
Mrs. Laser starts the car,  and backs up. She pulls out, and the moment she got on the road, I knew at once where we were going.