Pilot - Part 1

Avery's POV

I was sitting on the couch strumming my guitar while Tori, my older twin by an hour, was working on her science project with her partner in the kitchen

" Alright, let's see. The bread mold...furry." She said while touching the bread.

"Furry." Ian, her science partner types into the computer.

"Mushy," she says as she squishes the bread.

"Mushy."

"Next, the fish mold..."

I was writing down some lyrics when Trina flung open the front door while screaming "I AM SO UPSET!" I rolled my eyes, "You won't believe who I got partnered with for the big showcase."

"Who?" I asked, pretending to be interested.

"ANDREW HARRIS! A tenth grader!" I snorted while Trina shot me a glare.

"What's the big showcase?" Ian asked Tori, joining into the conversation.

"It's a performance they put on at her school every year -" Tori begins, only to be cut off by Trina pulling and pushing Ian out of the house while saying, "They invite agents and directors and producers and other super-powerful people in show business and is extremely important which is why I am so upset! And Goodbye!" she finishes by slamming the door in his face.

"That was rude," I pointed out while making my way to the kitchen to get some coffee.

"Hey! He and I have a science project due tomorrow! I'll have to bring in my mold bush." Tori protested, but Trina just rolled her eyes.

"No! Andrew's coming over and you guys have to help us figure out what to do for the big showcase! I definitely wanna sing!" She runs over to the piano and plays a key while singing really off-key. I wince at the sound. "How was that?" she asked us.

"Atrocious?" She rolled her eyes at me and looked at Tori, waiting for her answer.

"Loud...?" Tori hesitated.

It seems like that was what Trina was looking for because she smiled widely. "Awesome!"

Then the doorbell rang. I just stood there sipping my coffee.

"Ugh, he's here." Trina groaned. "AVERY! Go open the door, Tori, STAY."

I rolled my eyes before walking over to the door.

"Come in," I said, opening the door and gesturing him to enter.

"Thanks," he said while looking around.

"Tori, Ave, that's Andrew." Trina introduced.

"It's Andre." he corrected. "You guys go to Hollywood Arts too?" Andre asked.