22

Song: Alcohol You
Artist: Roxen
Country: Romania

My thoughts: I have a friend from Romania who listens to Roxen and she isn't the biggest fan of this song. She said Roxen can do better than Alcohol you. I would have to agree that Alcohol You isn't my favorite but I think it's good. Alcohol you also aligns with my tastes outside of Eurovision a little bit more than a lot of other songs this year so I have a bias towards it in a sense. I think the song is pretty but it doesn't have enough impact song wise or emotion wise for me to connect and really enjoy it. I like the new modern ballad style it has. Also the lyric with fake news literally kills my soul that's probably my least favorite line in the song. I have heard enough of the term fake news in America. Also I know this is an artistic choice but as tiktok would call it I don't like her cursive singing and way she says her words Esther peony had that same thing too with her words as well. I'm going to have to ask my Romanian friend (her first language is Romanian and she use to live there) to sing to see if she pronounces words like Esther and Roxen when singing.

Would this have qualified: this scream borderline to me especially in semifinal one. I would say 13-8 but Romania hasn't been the best with qualifying recently.

Place in the final: I would say from 20-13 although this is borderline in semifinal one I think there are many songs from semifinal two and the big 6 that would do worse than this.

Staging: I really liked the aesthetic used in the National final it looks really good and not cheap so they could keep that. However Roxen for me doesn't have that much charisma or connection with the audience. I just thought the camera shots needed to be more intimate and she needs to look in the camera more.

Favorite lyric: none the lyrics confuse me so much please tell me what "rising ink" means💀. Also I just feel like the story of this song is ALL OVER THE PLACE maybe it's suppose to be that way since she is in a fragile mental space in the lyrics but I just don't like them.

Final thoughts: I'm excited to see Roxen back for next year. She should totally sing in Romania my two favorite songs form her are both her songs in Romanian.

These are my thoughts on alcohol you what are yours?