30

Song: My Last Breathe
Artist: James Newman
Country: United Kingdom 🇬🇧

My thoughts: I wish I could rank this a lot higher but sadly there are songs I just enjoy more. This is honestly kind of underrated by the fandom in my opinion (and me lol). I think this is the UK's best attempt since children of the universe in 2014. I love how for the majority of the song it has the thumping beat. I love a song with a strong beat. It helps give the song some energy, power, and it keeps the song moving. I also think the chorus with the staccato my last breathe gets stuck in my mind. I also like the organic sound to this and this actually sounds like something I might hear in the radio and would listen to in real life. My complaints are that the song does not really evolve over time and the song seems really short. I think they could've added an epic pre chorus and a more hard hitting chorus the UK could've had something amazing.

Place in the final: 26-20 I know this is one of the UK's stronger entries but let's face it the UK almost never does well even when there is a glimmer of hope.

Staging: I heard they had some crazy plans with like underwater scenes and all of that and that more creative than I could've come up with. I think an eye catching crazy staging might do well for the UK it probably got electro velvet the points they some how got😂

Favorite lyrics: When no one believes, I'll keep the faith

I like genuinely love that line tho:)

Final thoughts: I'm really proud of the UK and I trust James will come back with a bigger better song. I hope the UK goes with James again I can't name anyone else I'd want to see in his place.

These are my thoughts my last breathe what are yours?