11

LOWERCASE INTENDED

wooyoung was only helping his brother put away some groceries, before his phone started to ring. he looked at the caller id, but it was unknown. his mind immediately went to san, and left the room without announcing he was taking the call. he smiled as he held the phone up to his ear, and said hello as if he didn't know it was san.

"wooyoung.. that's you right?" he started to worry after these words were said, hearing the sadness in the other's voice. "yeah, are you okay san?" it went quiet before wooyoung heard a couple of sniffles sound throughout the line.

"i'm sorry but.. could we maybe meet up right now? yeosang is on a date with seonghwa and i don't want to bother him.."

wooyoung tried not to question the fact that yeosang and seonghwa were dating, and answered without looking at the time first. "where did you want to meet sannie?" san was silent for a moment, before giving wooyoung a final answer. "my house.. i'll send you the a-address.." wooyoung mumbled a soft okay, before the line ended.

he tried to call san back because of how he sounded before the call ended, but it went straight to voicemail.

"damn it, yeosang knows where he lives right? i'll just have to interrupt his date for a moment." he decided while talking to himself, before texting yeosang from the work groupchat in which seonghwa was also in.

yeosang was salty at first, saying that wooyoung was going to sexually harass san. but once he knew why wooyoung was asking, he gave it out immediately. usually yeosang would be the one to stay by san's side in these times, but ever since he got a boyfriend it's been hard.

wooyoung didn't hesitate once as he drove to san's, his eyes moving back and forth between the road and his phone. he knew nothing bad would happen, but he had never heard san sound so sad. he always came to the shop with a smile on his face and yet he seemed to be going through a lot at the moment.

he wanted nothing more than to be by his side, because he felt that he could relate to the pain i'm his voice. so.. he felt the need to be there for san, because he knew that he didn't want to be alone.