6

"Class dismissed. By the way, we'll have a meeting about our class outing later after class." Said our Math teacher and adviser before he left through the door.

Nagsimulang magsigawan ang mga kaklase ko. Dinig na dinig ang saya sa mga hiyaw nila.

"Yes! Saan kaya tayo? I wanna go to a water park!"

"No, the beach is better."

"Pwede kayang magsuot ng bikini?"

I chuckled. They all seemed so exited. I've never been in a class outing, I wonder how it's like?

"Sha, let's go. Male-late na tayo." Colette said as she pulled me out of my seat.

I returned all my things into my bag and wore the straps slowly. The six of us started walking to our next class, which was in the building next to ours.

We went in and sat in our seats. The teacher was there before us, so we got scolded.

"Galitin niyo pa para hindi na tayo maglesson. Hoy, Kian, bilis." Narinig kong bulungan sa likod ko.

"Hala gagong to, ba't ako, ha?"

The teacher finished rambling and started on her lesson. Most of the class was half-asleep.

Two hours passed, it was time for the meeting. Bumalik na kami sa classroom namin at hinintay na dumating si Sir.

I noticed that Arion hasn't been talking much today. It bothered me a bit, he was always chatty and loud.

"Ayos ka lang?" Tanong ko.

He simply nodded and stared into nothing. Something was odd about him today. It kind of made me worry. Just a little bit.

"You can tell me if you want." I suggested.

He smiled, but it didn't reach his eyes.
Halatang wala siyang tulog, namamaga ang nga mata niya. Did he cry?

"Guys, parating na si Sir. Magsiupo na kayo!" Our class president exclaimed.

They all scrambled back into their seats and quieted down. Sir Siason arrived and discussed the plans.

"We are going to a resort owned by one of the teachers here. Para din less na yung gastos niyo." He explained.

Everyone agreed that we would bring food by group. The six of us were together. We decided to bring pork barbeque.

It was around five when the meeting was over. Tulad ng nakasanayan ay sabay kaming umuwi ni Arion.

Walang magsalita habang naglalakad kami. It wasn't awkward, but the atmosphere was sad. Magsalita Lang siya kapag kailangan, para bang naging ako siya.

Nang bumaba na kami sa jeep, I decide to treat him to something. Maybe I could buy him ice cream to cheer him up.

Hinila ko siya papunta sa kabilang kalsada at papasok sa convenience store. He looked confused. I made him sit in one of the tables and went to get ice cream. I went to the counter, paid for it and returned back to where he was.

Binigay ko sa kanya ang ice cream at umupo sa katabi niyang upuan. I didn't know what to say. We sat there in silence.

"You're curious, right?" He mumbled. I turned to look at him.

"Hindi naman, pero pwede mo din sabihin." I said.

"My Dad is cheating on my Mom with a guy." My eyes widened. Once again, words couldn't come out of my mouth. I thought it was only a small problem. Turns out it was something like this.