Chapter 10 - Will You?

As soon as I got back to the dorm, I contacted Francine. I was far too worried at ramdam ko ang responsibilidad kapag sila'y napahamak. All the beer I bought were too warm to be drunk kaya pinasok ko muna sa fridge. I then went to the dorm's rooftop to ponder over things. A lot of things.

Overlooking a portion of the campus under the starry sky, I collected my thoughts. Firstly, I wanted to know who was taking his trouble to send men after me. I mean, yes, this is one bad side of being a rich man's son, pero why even bother? Looking back, I believe it had started coincidentally when that damn Republico guy had set foot in the building. He was into exporting and importing, as well as trading and overseas marketing, which Dad had found to be a useful asset.

The next two days or so, I always spot a car following mine, though keeping distance. I bothered to tell the old man about this but he only told me to "watch my ass".

Now that I have thought about it, everything seems to have happened right after the Republicos have set foot in the building. This does seem to put things in place. But for what reason?

I decided to call that one person.

...

"Hoy, Rion!" I heard someone call out. "Gising na! May exams pa tayo." the voice added.

I bolted upright. What? Exam?

"Are you shitting me?" I groggily replied.

"No, I'm waking you up. Bilisan mo na. Masesermonan naman tayo." ani Carlos as he hauled my ass out of bed.

So, yes, I forgot that there was an examination. However, I am confident that I did good with the exams. The first subjects took half a day, so the boys and I went out of the campus as soon as we got dismissed.

"Yep. Bagsak na naman ako." ani Carlos.

"Hindi lang ikaw." ani Briston as he sipped from the juicebox.

"Problemahin nyo ang exams bukas. Tatlong major subjects pa bukas, pre." ani Raph.

"Why worry? Di naman kayo nag-aaral." I scoffed.

"Hoy, tangina mo ka, nag-aaral ako. May notes sa laptop." sumbat ni Carlos.

"Hoy wala kang notes. Naglalaro ka lang sa laptop mo." ani Briston.

"Sssh!" Carlos hissed.

"Hays. Kaya pala nagbabagsakan grado natin eh." buntong-hinga ni Raph.

"I'm gonna grab a drink." ani ko, excusing myself for a while.

As I returned to our place, they are already tackling Raph as the latter desperately tried to reach for the notebook strewn across the table. I broke them up and gave them each a smack.

"Hala puta ako na nga ang inatake." daing ni Raph.

"Fight back. Let none overwhelm you." ani ko.

We ended up spending the rest of the afternoon eating. The 7-Eleven's staff had been shooting us weird glances dahil makailang beses na kaming pabalik-balik sa fridge, aisles, at counter.

"God, I'm stuffed." groaned Raph. "Kuha lang ako ng sandwich." he said as he shuffled into the store.

I leaned against the glass of the store, trying to ease my discomfort due to a stuffed stomach. I guess I shouldn't have eaten and spent that much. Oh well. Di naman ako tumataba kahit gaano pa ka dami ang kainin ko. Raph came back habang hawak-hawak ang dalawang siopao.

Ah yes. One of the things in the world that could subtly remind me of her. Ever since I met her that one, fateful day, everything seems to have spun around into some vibrant swirl of colors that dyed everything it sucks.