I Was Supposed To Tell You This

My friends,

     If you get this, it must mean that I am not on this Earth anymore. To be honest, I started writing this letter because I was scared that I wouldn't survive my surgery and wouldn't have time to tell you guys how much I love and appreciate you. After I convinced myself that death is not something to be afraid of, I continued writing this in case I did die and weren't able to tell you that it will be okay. Not everyone survives the thing that is supposed to save you. But don't worry, although I was initially very nervous about the procedure, my last couple hours of consciousness were peaceful and calm. I guess I never got around to telling you that after a while I wasn't scared of death anymore. It's just something that naturally happens and must happen to go on living. Don't get me wrong, I don't want to die and I'm always happy to see the sunrise turn into a sunset turn into a sunrise but if I die I die.

     Don't be sad forever. Grieve for me and then continue on with your lives. Don't have my death stop you from living and having fun. That's not what I want. I want you guys to stay together and not get separated no matter what. You need each other and can't stray. Yeah it will be hard without me at first but you'll survive. You'll make it in the world even if I'm not there to experience it with you. Believe it or not but you will see me again. No matter how long the day is, you'll always see the moon again.

I love you,

Kim Namjoon