Marriage Broker

The next day morning, I was all ready to meet her, but for a moment I decided not to go, but that doesn't look good, asking a girl to meet and not showing up. I do not know why it feels like I am interested in Sneha, I do not know why I start liking women in the first meet? Is it common with others or is it just me? With this confusion I started from my home, halfway towards the café, I kept thinking about it, is it right or wrong?

I reached the café, entered inside, and found Sneha was reading a novel and having her coffee. She looked at me, gave a broad smile, and said Hi. I apologized for being late, and she apologized for having the coffee alone, as she reached early. We continued apologizing to each other until the waiter came and took our order.

"Hey, you asked me to get my profile, here it is, and behind the picture, there are my details."

"Thanks for this."

"Why did you ask for it?" she questioned.

"Simply, and sorry to ask you this personal question, from which matrimonial you used to get the proposals?" I was eager to know.

"Actually, not matrimonial, but it is one of our known priests who gets the matches."

"Oh! Where can I find him?"

"Umm... why are you asking these questions?"

"Simply, there is a friend of mine who is also looking for matches, so asked you to ask you to know you might have got many matches, so that priest could help to find matches for him too. I apologize if I said something wrong." I said.

"No, no it's all okay, no worries, my mom has that priest phone number, once I am back home, I will text you."

"Sure thing, thanks for that."

"Don't be so formal, you are doing a good thing. You need to feel proud."

"Nothing like that," and we were having our coffee, looking at each other and smiling.

We finished the coffee and had nothing much to talk, the work of mine to meet her was successful, I got her marriage profile and we left from there. Before I go to my home, I thought to visit my childhood friend Mukesh's house, who is a Chartered Accountant and worked in a reputed firm and his family is looking for the matches for him. I found him to be perfect for Sneha. I reached his home and wanted to talk to his mother before talking to him.

"Namaste Aunt, how are you?" I greeted Mukesh's mother.

"Namaste beta, I am fine and how come you remember our house? You have completely forgotten us," aunt said in a sarcastic manner.

"Nothing like that aunt, I came here with something important, are you still looking matches for Mukesh?" I asked.

"Yeah, look he is rejecting all the matches that we are getting; he wants a girl who is highly educated and a working woman. All of a sudden why you are showing interest in my son, my son is straight," aunt said with a serious look.

"No, no aunt, you are taking it all wrong, I am here with something for you," I clarified myself and gave her Sneha's profile. She looked at her picture for a minute and two, she couldn't take her eyes off her, and she said, 'God, she's so beautiful. Is she your fiancé?' she asked.

"No aunt, this is a friend of mine, she's Sneha Kapoor, has completed her MBA and is working in a reputed firm with a good salary, I thought she would be a perfect match for Mukesh. I thought she would be a perfect match for him." I said.

"Definitely, she is a perfect match," she said and passed the profile to other family members.

"Aunt, do you have a picture and profile of Mukesh so that I could show it to her family."

"Sure, I will get it," she said and went to get Mukesh's profile.

Everyone in the house started liking Sneha, I have made a good impression of her in Mukesh's family. I was waiting for my aunt to get Mukesh's profile so that I could give it to the priest and he could show that to Sneha's family. Moments later aunt gave me Mukesh's profile and at the same moment, Sneha sent me her priest's phone number. I told the aunt that I will give Mukesh's picture and to Sneha's family and will let you know their decision.

I called the priest, "Namaste Pandit Ji, I am Sushil, I called regarding matchmaking of my friend, could you please tell me where could I meet you so that I can send you the details," I said.

"Meet me at the Krishna Temple near road number 12," the Pandit said.

I called Gaurav and asked him to meet me at the temple, he asked the reason to meet at the temple specifically, he said, "Are you planning to marry Sneha in a temple?"

"Do you think I am that mad? Come to the temple as soon as possible, and do not tell anything to Sneha, once you reach to temple, you will know it."

I started to the temple from Mukesh's house, the temple was a couple of minutes away from Mukesh's home. Minutes later, I reached the temple and was waiting for Gaurav. He reached there a few minutes later I reached, and we together went to the priest. I told the priest that I was the one who called regarding the matchmaking of my friend.

"Is this person next to you is your friend, for whom I should show matches?" the priest looked at Gaurav and questioned.

"No, he is already engaged, this person in this photograph is my friend, for him, we are looking matches, behind there is his biodata," I clarified the priest and gave Mukesh's picture.

"What kind of family and girl you are looking at?"

"We already found a girl; all you need to do is just show this guy's profile to her family."

"I will not do it if you found a girl why can't you directly meet their family?" the priest asked.

"We wish we could, but we do not want to interfere in it, she said you are the one who shows the matches for her, see she also gave your number," I said by showing Sneha's message sending priest number.

"Who is the girl and what will I get in return?"

"She is Sneha Kapoor, you know her very well, and in return, you keep all the money you get," I offered the priest.

"Okay, today evening I will go to their home and show the profile," the priest said,

I thanked the priest and gave him some money, not as a bribe but as part of offering to a holy person.

Later that evening, I got a call from Mukesh's place, it was his mom who said that she had got a call from Sneha's family and they want to meet tomorrow, she asked me to join with them. I denied going because Sneha thought that I took her profile to show my family, but didn't want to hurt her. This plan of going on dates was to meet girls and get them married. Not to marry them.

I was having a conversation with Sneha, thought she would be telling about the match, but she didn't tell about it, rather she asked, "Did you show my picture to your dad?"

"No, not yet, I am sorry, I was a little busy with my work, I'll show soon." I said

"Sushil, it's okay, if you haven't shown the picture to your dad," she said.

"Why? Why shouldn't I show your picture and talk about you with my dad?"

"I will tell you soon when the right time comes," Sneha said and made him remember the words said by Sarvani before his birthday.

"Can we meet tomorrow? Can you meet me and say it?" I pretended as I was broken.

"I am not sure, but I will let you know soon," she said and disconnected.

I was happy that she liked Mukesh's profile also I was sad that I couldn't tell her the truth. I may have little feelings for her, couldn't tell her, if I do then the feelings of her on me might get stronger and she rejects Mukesh.