Wedding Invitation

Weeks passed, as planned the girls matches got fixed with a few of my friends who were perfect for them, I liked few but couldn't forget Sneha yet. While I was thinking of Sneha, I got a call from Sneha, she said that she wanted to meet me in the cafe, I asked the reason to meet, she denied saying, I panicked thinking whether everything is fine between Sneha and Mukesh, I disconnected the call with Sneha and called Mukesh asking whether things are found between them, he said they had a fight and they aren't talking with each other since last night, it was a serious fight, she said that she doesn't want to get married to Mukesh anymore.

Both were friends of mine, Sneha with whom I dated and Mukesh was my childhood friends, he was like a brother to me, I didn't want to get them separated. I asked Mukesh to join along with me to the café, he hesitated in the beginning, later agreed to come along. It was the weekend afternoon. I went to the café, Mukesh said he will be joining sooner later as he was stuck with work. I reached the café and like always I found her waiting for me, holding her coffee with one hand and holding the book on other. She looked worried, I went to her, seeing me she put her coffee down and hugged me tight, I lost all my senses when she hugged, how relaxing it was, I wished she continues hugging me, while we were hugging, I had a ruffle in my pants, she felt that she stepped back and we both sighed. For a moment I felt ashamed, later we sat and ordered our regular menu, while I was talking with Sneha, I found a woman staring at me, I have seen her many times in that café, she sits alone, working in her laptop, and stared at me, when she looked at me, I question myself that Am I really that handsome? I kept my focus back on Sneha from that woman. Sneha started telling her story, she said that she still has feelings for me and want to marry me, listening to that I was shocked; I held her hand, and said, "Look, I understand your feelings, but now the things have changed a lot, we aren't the same while dating you I liked you a lot, I wish I could have told you then, but I couldn't because you deserve someone better and Mukesh is perfect for you, I used to like you and still I like you, I have dated other girls but couldn't get over you. I wish I was perfect for you."

Sneha was startled listening to me, she sat next to me, she started rubbing my palm, I was saddened, felt like my life is worse, surrounded by sadness with temporary happiness.

"Sushil, dear, you are such a sweetheart, I have no words for you, you made me speechless. Dear, you should have told me then, I know that you liked me then, I should have understood then itself, but it was too early and now it's too late. I respect your feelings, it's not that I do not like you, I like you too, you are a special friend of mine," Sneha tried consoling me, while Sneha and I were sharing our words, Mukesh joined us, looking us emotional he asked is everything ok, I asked, "Is everything fine between you both?"

"That's not the answer to my question," Mukesh argued.

"Things were fine between you guys, then why did you guys fight? Both apologise to each other," I said.

"Ask her to apologize first,'"Mukesh said.

Looking at us fighting, Sneha broke her silence and howled at us, saying "Stop it." Mukesh and I sat next to her, looking at Mukesh caring Sneha, I stepped back, she held my hand and made me sit next to her and said, "We have to confess something."

"What?" I asked.

"Mukesh and I weren't fighting with each other. We wanted you to speak out the truth which you were hiding from us."She confessed.

"I am not hiding anything from you guys, I have no idea what you guys are talking about." I said.

Sneha held my hands and said "Sushil, dear, Mukesh has told me everything that you were the one who has been to his house taking my marriage profile and convinced his family to select me as Mukesh's partner and the next day his family came to my home and our families liked each other and couple of days later we were engaged. We tried calling you then but you didn't respond to us. Also, Mukesh told me that you liked me and he understood your feelings before giving my profile to him. To make you speak out your feelings and clear out everything, we had to do plan this that we are fighting, because we know you care a lot about us and you will come for sure to patch us, and it happened, you came and spoke your feelings. Don't be sad Sushil, you made me find a perfect match for me, I promise, I will find someone perfect for you."

"Why would you create this scene? Mukesh you know my house, you would have come to my house." I said.

"We did, but your dad said you were out, so we had to plan this out," Mukesh explained.

Sneha took out a card from her bag and gave it to me, it was their wedding invitation card and she said, "This special card is for the special in our life. Next week, the 21st of June is our wedding, and we will be looking for you presence." They gave the card and left from there, I keep looking at it and felt lonely, I went back home, looking at me depressed, my dad asked what's the reason for my depression? I then handed him over Sneha and Mukesh's wedding invitation card, like I did during Sarvani's wedding card, like always he said, "This shall pass too, don't lose hope, maybe somewhere there is someone waiting for you."

"You always say this, but never I find," I said and went into my room, slamming the door.