Chapter 7

A few weeks passed by, each day the same. I slept until noon, ate lunch, went to therapy, went back to sleep, woke up, ate dinner, and slept again.

Jackson and I were both gaining our weight back. My neck was healing faster Than I could have imagined, and they fixed my leg. Sort of. They gave me some crutches so I could still do walk. Bobi was getting better, visiting Jaz in the hospital every once in a while. Sam still went to school each day, filling me in on drama with the new kid, Jordyn. He had asked her out a while back, and they spent a lot of time together. I was starting to get worried for our friendship. We both had boyfriends, so we barley had time for each other anymore. After everything that I had lost, losing Sam would crush me.

I only met Jordyn once, but he seemed like a good kid. He was 13, he had his own dirt bike, and his grades were super good. He started to tutor Sam after school a few days ago, and even though Sam seemed happy about it, I was kind of ticked off. I was well enough to tutor her.

But there's nothing I could do to change their minds. Apparently, Sam has been getting all As and Bs on her tests since Jordyn started tutoring her. She was only getting Cs when I tutored her.

Halloween was a blast. Jackson and I were two zombie hospital patients. This way, we could hang out together without someone having to push me around. We raced each other down the cobblestone roads, bumping up and down every 4 seconds. I got a butt load of candy, but I gave all the nasty ones to Brissia. She likes gross stuff like that.

I left the hospital 2 months after therapy. Thanksgiving was approaching rapidly, which meant distant family would be crawling for a story. I hate having to speak in front of crowds. It was one of my few weaknesses.

Jackson helped me get out of Moms minivan. I was still getting used to the whole "crutches" thing.

I checked my phone for any new messages from Sam. She was always with Jordyn nowadays.

HEY I texted.

A few seconds later, she sent me this:

SO NOW YOU WANNA TXT ME? I HOPE IM NOT WASTING YOUR PRECIOUS TIME. WOULDN'T WANT U TO MISS HANGING OUT WITH JACKSON. YA KNOW WHAT, IM GLAD JORDYNS MY TUTOR. HES WAY BETTER THAN U WERE.

WHT THE HECK ARE U TALKIN ABOUT? I texted back.

A couple minutes passed. Then this:

YA KNOW WHAT, JUST DON'T TALK TO ME ANYMORE. I DON'T HAVE TIME FOR YOUR STUPID MIND GAMES.

I blinked, stunned. I had no idea what she was talking about. If she was mad at me, why didn't she tell me before? Why was she even mad at me?

I tried to put the pieces together. The only reason she had to be mad at me is that I've been spending a lot of time with Jackson lately. But she was always with Jordyn.

Maybe she knew this would happen. When I started talking to Jackson, she must have gotten jealous. She found out as much information as she could about Jordyn so it would seem like she liked him.

She was faking when she said she liked him.

She was using him to get back at me.

So why was she mad at me now?

Maybe Jordyn found out Sam was using him. After all, she could never keep a secret.

Now she's taking her anger out on me. After all I've been through in the last couple of months, she was mad at ME.

She is so selfish, I swear.

*Chapter 8*

I was in a bad mood all day. I was a little upset with Sam before, but now I was furious. How DARE she accuse me of spending too much time with Jackson, when she was the one using random boys behind my back.

I don't know WHAT happened with Sam, but ever since Jordyn started hanging out with her, she been acting like Regina from "Mean Girls".

I stormed into my house, plopped into bed, and screamed as loud as I could into my pillow.

Once I was out if breath, I sat up. I knew it. I knew this would happen. once we had boyfriends, our friendship was torn to shreds.

I lifted up my phone to text Jackson, when I heard a knock I'm my door.

"Who is it?" I yelled.

"Jackson H. Peterson."

I laughed and opened the door. He was so extra.

I gasped when I saw him. He had a small box with an overly sized bow on top of it.

"Think of it as....an early birthday present." he said, walking in to my room.

"My birthday's in March."

"WAY early."

I slowly opened the box. Inside, there was a shimmering, beautiful necklace.

I took it out the box and gave Jackson a huge hug.

"Oh, Jackson! You shouldn't have!"

"May I do the honors?" he asked.

"Absolutely."

I handed him the necklace and pulled my long, light brown hair up.

He wrapped the necklace around my neck and locked it into place.

I flipped my hair so it flowed down my back. I turned towards him. He had a gigantic grin spreading across his face.

"What?"

"You know something, Sissy? you are beautiful, inside and out. And I'm very glad that I met you on the first day of school."

He kissed my cheek and left silently.

Even though he was gone, I could still feel him wrapping the necklace around me.