Chapter 10

The next day my family invited the Peterson's over for dinner to comfort them. I was sitting next to Jackson.

"Are you alright?" I asked.

He pulled me into the hallway and kissed my cheek.

"I'll take that as a yes."

"It's alright. I barely knew him anyway."

I have him a look of concern. I thought he an his dad has been really close.

"I thought you guys had a good relationship." I said.

He looked at me and smiled." Sissy, it wasn't my dad that passed away. It was my uncle Todd. My dad is coming back on my birthday. "

I let my jaw drop open. I had told Brissia that his dad had died. No doubt she told Mimi. I checked my twitter. Yup. Sure enough, thousands of tweets flooded my screen saying 'R.I.P Mr. Peterson'.

I sighed and glanced into Jackson sky blue eyes.

"What?" he asked.

I told him about Brissia and Mimi and twitter. He sighed and thought for a second.

"I can fix this." he said. " I'll have to talk to dad and get things straightened out. Can you talk to Brissia and Mimi for me?"

I nodded and walked back to the dining room. Everyone had started eating while we were in the hallway, so I grabbed a plastic plate and sat next to Brissia.

"Brissia, we gotta talk."

She rolled her eyes and reached for the green beans. "What?" she hissed.

I took a deep breath. For a seven year old, she could be sassy when she needed to.

"About what I told you earlier, ya know, with Jackson's dad. Yeah it wasn't his dad. It was his uncle."

She spit out her hot chocolate all over Jocelyn.

"WHAT?!?!?" she hollered, food pouring out of her mouth. "Why didn't you tell me that earlier?"

She looked around. All over the table, it was a mess. Jocelyn was crying and wiping hot chocolate off of her. I was wiping Mac and cheese and green beans off my face.

She giggled. "Sorry."

She turned to me. "Listen, I-I'm still mad at you, but you can talk to me just this once."

"Ok, so.." I told her everything that happened in the last couple of seconds. When I was done, she nodded and turned to her iPod. Before you could say 'Sissy', all the tweets were gone and erased forever.

"How'd you do that?" I asked.

Once again she rolled her eyes.

"All I had to do was text Mimi about the sitch., and her dad took it from there."

I should have known.

I looked at Jackson and put up the "Hunger Games" three fingers.

He nodded and did the same thing. He must have called his dad.

I sighed and smiled. I was lucky to have such a great boyfriend.

Jason screamed and giggled. He pointed to the window. It was snowing outside for the first time since my birthday.

"Well," Jackson said. "Don't just stand here. Lets go outside already!"

We laughed and stood up to leave. I grabbed my coat, hat, scarf, and boots. I ran outside and stuck my tongue out to catch snowflakes. It took a couple minutes, but eventually I got one.

Jackson's mom turned the lights in outside of his house. It was beautiful. All the lights and decorations made my eyes twinkle like the north star.

I started singing "All I Want For Christmas" while staring at the house. Sam told me that I had a beautiful voice before, but I never really believed her. Now, years later, I was starting to believe it.

Jackson put his arm around me and started singing along. Surprisingly, Jackson's voice was awesome. He sounded like Micheal Jackson and Harry Styles combined.

Slowly but surely, everyone joined us. We probably looked like the people in "The Grinch", singing in big circle.

When we were done, a crowd had formed around us. They all started cheering and yelling "Encore!Encore!"

I looked at Jackson an shrugged. I started the entire song over again, his time holding Jackson's hand.

I hoped everyday would be like this one.