Chapter 1

I walk away before I can hear the robotic message repeat back to me, "Have a Great day!" 
Is anyone else getting tired of hearing robot voices everywhere? Not being able to do anything? Actually that's not true... It's ILLEGAL to try and be good at anything. Ever since the Redeemers waltzed in pretending to be a savior  or something, things have only gotten worse. In my eyes. 

I walk down the busy street lined with skyscrapers and speeding cars, carrying three bags from Louis Vuitton. I pass by a huge sign, introducing the new robotic features that will bring entertainment. Movies? No more. Concerts? Want to hear a recording? I never understood the reason to eliminate all competition and pride. Yeah, humans started to get a little violent, which lead to the creating of robotic humans, but I found it inspiring to hear the stories of people who made history. 

The shining chandelier blinds me as I walk into the Condo.

"Hello Bri-"

"Hey Max." I say, not even a hint of emotion in my voice. Max the robot is the so called "Butler" at the Monopoly Condo. I step into the elevator and press 15. I lean my head back and close my eyes for the 10 seconds that it takes to get to our floor. 

 My family is small, but huge. It consists of 4 people. My mom, dad, brother James, and me. But, we are one of the most known families in Chicago. My dad is the CEO of Robotics Inc. The global robotic company that creates all the robots we have. 

The elevator dings and I step out and take out the keys to unlock the door.

"How was your outing Miss Madden?" Blurts out another robot.

"It was fine." I say passing by. I drop the bags in the living room and walk to the floor to ceiling windows that overlook most of the city. This is my favourite spot. 

"Bri did you get my things from Louis?!" Mom yells from the bathroom.

"Yes they're here in the living room!" She steps out of the bathroom, robot Melissa coming out after her. She has curlers in her hair and a towel wrapped around her.

"Where are you-"

"I have an important meeting today with the board of the hospital." She says reaching into her bags.

"Okay cool. I'm-"

"That's nice sweetheart just be safe please okay? You sure you don't want a-"

"No mom, I don't want a personal robot." I say heading towards my room. I grab my phone and shoot a text to Mackenna. I stuff some cash into my pocket and bolt right out again. James stops me.

"And where are you going at this time of day?" He says. His golden hair sits perfect on the top of his head.

"I'm going out with Mackenna." I say trying to get past him, but he puts his hand on my shoulder to stop me.

"Hey, " His multicoloured eyes stare deep into mine, "Be safe please. Don't do anything you know you shouldn't." He ruffles my hair, currently cropped short at my shoulders. 

"Love you James." I say leaving around him. I love James. I really do. But as an older brother he can be VERY overprotective. No one ever knows where I go everyday, because no one cares.